Skip navigation
Houlding
Currently Being Moderated

cs2 install failed

Jan 8, 2013 5:50 PM

Downloaded free copy of cs2 photoshop for mac.  Installation failed and did not ask for a serial number. Have tried loads of times without success.  Can anyone help?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,164 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 8, 2013 6:17 PM   in reply to Houlding

do you have a licensed copy of cs2 (and your serial number) from several years ago?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,164 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 8, 2013 8:11 PM   in reply to Houlding

while there is no security preventing you from downloading those files, they are not free downloads.  they are intended for licensed cs2 users.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to kglad

That's not really true, they provide the new licence key with it so everyone should be able to download it but yes i have the same problem with the instalation as Houlding.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 4:53 AM   in reply to annagaudia

Update: Looks like Adobe didn’t actually mean to release CS2 for free to the entire world, even though it didn’t say anything, and still doesn’t, on the download site about it. And there we thought Adobe’s fail was a late Christmas present and all.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/grab-photoshop-and-cs2-for-absolutely -free-right-now/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 7:28 AM   in reply to Houlding

Unless you have an old mac it probably won't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to ladyplf2

CS2 will only work on old PowerPC Macs which haven't been made for years or on Intel Macs with an old version of OSX (Nothing later than Snow Leopard, ie Lion or Mountain Lion are no good).

Even if you are running Snow Leopard you might need to manually install the Rosetta software which makes using CS2 possible.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,164 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 9, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to annagaudia

unless you're a licensed cs2 user, those downloads (and the volume license keys listed) are not intended for you.  they are for licensed cs2 adobe customers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 1:08 PM   in reply to kglad

Until there is an official LEGAL response from Adobe regarding this mixup, anything said in the forums is just speculation. I'm sure there are some busy body lawyers already on the case.

Now I have the boxed CS2, does that mean that my dvd's are useless now and just chuck them all out and burn these new files for future backups? I wish all software companies would learn a lesson from this activation fiasco.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to Houlding

The same is happening to me. I think the problem might be that the newer Macs are not PowerPC. This failure on the Photoshop install isn't giving that reason, but when I tried the download of CS2 (not Photoshop specifically but the whole thing) from the same page, it wouldn't let me install it and told me that PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

I hope Adobe gives some sort of official response to this soon.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points