• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs2 install failed

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded free copy of cs2 photoshop for mac.  Installation failed and did not ask for a serial number. Have tried loads of times without success.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

do you have a licensed copy of cs2 (and your serial number) from several years ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a licensed copy of cs2 (and your serial number) from several years ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Adobe is giving free download for cs2 software complete with serial number. I believe it may be only available for a limited time. So I downloaded  photoshop cs2 successfully but when I try to install it on my mac it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while there is no security preventing you from downloading those files, they are not free downloads.  they are intended for licensed cs2 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not really true, they provide the new licence key with it so everyone should be able to download it but yes i have the same problem with the instalation as Houlding.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Looks like Adobe didn’t actually mean to release CS2 for free to the entire world, even though it didn’t say anything, and still doesn’t, on the download site about it. And there we thought Adobe’s fail was a late Christmas present and all.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/grab-photoshop-and-cs2-for-absolutely-free-right-now/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless you're a licensed cs2 user, those downloads (and the volume license keys listed) are not intended for you.  they are for licensed cs2 adobe customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until there is an official LEGAL response from Adobe regarding this mixup, anything said in the forums is just speculation. I'm sure there are some busy body lawyers already on the case.

Now I have the boxed CS2, does that mean that my dvd's are useless now and just chuck them all out and burn these new files for future backups? I wish all software companies would learn a lesson from this activation fiasco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is happening to me. I think the problem might be that the newer Macs are not PowerPC. This failure on the Photoshop install isn't giving that reason, but when I tried the download of CS2 (not Photoshop specifically but the whole thing) from the same page, it wouldn't let me install it and told me that PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

I hope Adobe gives some sort of official response to this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded it last month on a windows 7 laptop and the installation worked fine. i just got a mac so i tried to install and had the same exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have an old mac it probably won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 will only work on old PowerPC Macs which haven't been made for years or on Intel Macs with an old version of OSX (Nothing later than Snow Leopard, ie Lion or Mountain Lion are no good).

Even if you are running Snow Leopard you might need to manually install the Rosetta software which makes using CS2 possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I have not had Cs2 previously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys it is because we don't have power PC macs, i have the same problem, i saw the requirements and saw that you need a power PC mac. A power PC mac is a processor like Intel and AMD. Mac wanted to use its own processor but they weren't sold much so mac now puts in intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Na unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines