Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting Low resolution 320 X 240 videos for my website

Jan 8, 2013 5:48 PM

Tags: #premiere_elements

I am mystified by Premiere Elements 11. I want to create a 2..5 min video (e.g. mp4)  that is 320 X 240 with bitrate set low enough to keep the file size under 20megs. There is NO options in the pubish drop down to adjust the final dimensions of the video, the bitrate etc. All options regarding these are greyed out (I picked the mpeg format). I can't get a video in ANY format  that conforms to the desired dimensions and size;    I have no good options to adjust the quality of the video to make it good enough for the website and not gigantic. I have used Ctberlink PowerDirector 11 recently and those options are readily available in that application.

Most of my videos are going to be for the web. The way premiere elements 11 works now, it's going ot be useless for my purpose.

Am I missing some way to accomplish my objective, or is the program pretty limited in the ability to customize the outputted video?

Thanks. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Chick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 6:11 PM   in reply to Chick Newman

As I show you in my books, it's easy to output custom videos for your web site. You say want an MP4?

Go to Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD. Select the the Preset for Vimeo SD.

Then click the Advanced button. On the Export Settings screen that opens, go to the Video tab. Set the output size to 320x240, then click OK.

You'll be prompted to save this as a "permanent" preset so you can use it again. Type in a name like "Web site video" and you're done.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to Chick Newman

Well, that's why I write my step-by-step books!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points