Skip navigation
Mike Stratil
Currently Being Moderated

ICC Profiles for Win64

Jan 8, 2013 6:53 PM

Tags: #errors #win64 #icc_profile

I am running PS 6 for win64. Today I suddenly starting getting an error message saying that my ICC profiles are invalid. When I try to write a raw file to .tif after it has been converted to black/white, I get a corrupted .tif file.

So I have been trying to reinstall these profile files using the ones for PS4 as provided on your web site. But they won't install properly, and the problem persists.

What should I do?

Mike Stratil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 10:00 PM   in reply to Mike Stratil

This has nothing to do with the Adobe standard profiles. You have a flakey monitor or printer profile. Check your system's global color management settings, your printer setup and your graphics driver. Reinstall CS6 completely after running the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 1:08 PM   in reply to Mike Stratil

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to Mike Stratil

Try:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 2:59 AM   in reply to Mike Stratil

That's the only folder on my system. By "try" I meant, "that's where you'll probably find them, unless you've got some unusual non-standard set-up".

I read about another folder, called "Recommended" the other day. I think it's an Adobe-only thing, and I seem to remember that it's contained within the above-mentioned folder anyway. You could always just search your entire drive (including hidden folders) for *.ICM and *.ICC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 4:05 AM   in reply to Mike Stratil

Sorry, I thought you were looking for profiles.

Plug-ins are located elsewhere. Look in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins and subdirectories for Photoshop 64-bit plug-ins.

For Photoshop 32-bit, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins

For Bridge, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-Ins and C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS6\Plug-Ins

For both, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins

Be careful what you do though. Don't break anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to Mike Stratil

Bridge can't convert to black and white. It's only a browser and metadata editor. You must be running a plug-in. Can you walk us through the actions you are taking, because I don't know what it is you're actually doing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to Mike Stratil

There is no HSL/Greyscale button in Bridge. I'm guessing you mean the HSL/Greyscale tab in Camera Raw, launched by double-clicking on a raw file in Bridge. It sounds like your problem is with Camera Raw.

You said initially: "When I try to write a raw file to .tif after it has been converted to black/white, I get a corrupted .tif file"

Can you say what version of Camera Raw you are running? If you look at the attached jpeg, there is an arrow pointing to the version info, top left.

At the bottom, the working colour space is shown. You can change it by clicking on it, then changing it to sRGB or AdobeRGB, or whatever you want.

Are you then saving the TIFF with Camera Raw's Save button (shown bottom left)? Or are you opening the conversion in Photoshop?

ACR.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to Mike Stratil

Good stuff.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status