Skip navigation
Artemis17au
Currently Being Moderated

Can't change fonts

Jan 8, 2013 9:05 PM

Tags: #font #mac #crash #styles #indesign_cs6

Before Christmas I received an ID file from a typesetter who forgot to package their fonts, which was no problem as I changed the fonts to another similar one.

Post-Christmas holidays I came in and found two system updates on my Mac. Waited for that to install and then opened the ID file. To my horror, 406 Missing font errors came up. I managed to fix 400 of them easily enough, but the remaining 6 are causing huge problems. They keep saying they were the fonts originally used by the typesetter, which of course means they're 'missing', and no attempts by me to manually change them to the new fonts has worked. If I attempt a complete style change, ID freezes and I have to force a quit. If I try to retype the whole thing and reformat them without any style that only gets me so far - the moment I try to delete the text showing up in the orange highlight, ID freezes and I have to quit. Similarly copying other text in that style I want works until I try to paste over the orange highlighted text, freeze and quit.

At first I thought it was the updates I did to the system - I lost connectivity to networks for a while there - but have since fixed that. I also updated my entire Adobe suite and that hasn't done anything either. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 2:15 AM   in reply to Artemis17au

Give this a try http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526991

Also, are you using any font management systems, what fonts are reported missing that you can't change, any other info?

Have you tried creating an new document with identical Document Setup, margins and bleeds, and then use the Pages Panel sub menu to "Move Pages" and select the new document as the destination.

When you do this can you change the font?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points