Skip navigation
elmesdavid
Currently Being Moderated

Transcription of audio files in CS6

Jan 8, 2013 11:04 PM

I have just purchased Adobe Audition CS6 but for some reason I just cannot locate the right buttons to operate the transcription function for audio files.  Does anyone know of a video or detailed explanation of how to go from importing an audio file to transcribing the contents?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to elmesdavid

I'm not aware of Audition having this feature, only Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 5:33 PM   in reply to elmesdavid

See post 1.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 4:56 AM   in reply to elmesdavid

Automatic voice recognition software normally reduces the manual transcription needs. But Automatic voice recognition technology is not still matured to produce accurate transcription due to variation in accents, back ground noise, multiple speakers and various factors.You need to train your voice to synchronous with softwares.If your audio quality is excellent, you can use the softwares or else better go for a manual audio transcription services.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to Mary Ka Brown

Mary Ka Brown wrote:

Automatic voice recognition software normally reduces the manual transcription needs. But Automatic voice recognition technology is not still matured to produce accurate transcription due to variation in accents, back ground noise, multiple speakers and various factors.You need to train your voice to synchronous with softwares.If your audio quality is excellent, you can use the softwares or else better go for a manual audio transcription services.

Very good summary, Mary. In addition for Premiere Pro, if you have a script of the VO, you can attach it to the clip. When doing so, the accuracy of the speech to text function is greatly improved.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 9:22 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Hi Kevin, thank you for your input, surely i will try it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

Kevin,

I like the way Premiere can work with a script but I still have a big problem.  Even if I use a completely accurate script, the transcription changes it based on what it *thinks* the speaker said.  I know I can re-edit the results and change it back but that gets real old real fast!  It would be so much better if there was at least the option of syncing only the words in the script Premiere recognizes and ignoring (or changing the color or something) of the words it doesn't.

As "Big Bill" once said: "Speak the speech, I pray you, as it is written"!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points