Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PS Elements catalog problems from Album Starter Edition

Jan 9, 2013 4:56 AM

Tags: #catalog_conversion

I have PS Elements 11 installed on my new notebook. I have copied all my photos from my old PC into the Photos folder on the notbook (running Windows7).  I then imported them into PS Elements. I had them all catalogued on the PC under PS Album  Starter Edition. I have copied the  the catalog  .psa file as suggested in the instructions &  used the convert command under Elements' Manage Calalogs. Everything seemd to go as expected; all my 'Collections' came in as 'Albums' & all my Tags are there.. But  none of the images are being read. All the thumbnails are the generic flower image. It seems tthe catalog is still pointing to the old D: drive on my PC& it wants me to "connect the external drive".  What have I done wrong? Have can I fix this?  I have nearly 9000 photos & hundreds of tags etc.  I will break my heart to lose the cataloging.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 5:28 AM   in reply to OwenL_Adobe

Your tags are anyway there. You just need to reconnect your files to their new location on this new machine. When you double click a files, it must be showing you reconnect dialog?

Browse to the new location for just one file and PSE11 Organizer should then be able to reconnect all the files. You might need to manually assist in between.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to OwenL_Adobe

What if you download free trial of PSE11 on your PC and then convert your PSA catalog on the PC itself. Then take a full backup (which will bring along all files from your PC onto an external hard drive) and restore on MAC.

I think you should take this hit and I'm sure this will work.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 12:12 AM   in reply to OwenL_Adobe

Catalogs on networked drives don't work. Hence the case when psa file is not being recognized even when the corresponding folder is on a shared network between your PC and notebook.

Looking forward to any more questions..

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to OwenL_Adobe

While restoring, it gives you an option which "restores original folder structure", just in case you go for a restore another time..

I'm happy that things are fine for you now... Happy cataloging

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points