Skip navigation
johnpe5
Currently Being Moderated

Why Are My Folders Being Deleted?

Jan 9, 2013 4:08 AM

Tags: #problem #bridge_cs5

I am using Bridge CS5 v 4.05.11 on Windows 7.

If I select a folder then apply a filter (e.g. all **** rated images) then Ctrl-A to select all files currently being displayed then hit Delete, Bridge deletes the whole folder

Is that what is supposed to happen?  My intention is to delete only the selected files. 

I have to deselect one of the files, delete the rest then delete the remaining file to avoid this happening.  Decidedly "clunky". 

Is there a way to avoid this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 6:39 AM   in reply to johnpe5

Are you opening the folder first?  I do this all the time.  Open folder, select files, press delete.  If I select all the files in the folder the folder is not deleted.  It just displays "no items to display".

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to johnpe5

Bridge deletes the whole folder.  Is that what is supposed to happen?

No this is not normal behavior, just tried it again for testing. Selected a folder, rated some files with 1 star, then with all files in view selected them all. Using the filter panel selected the rating for 1 star and then used cmd + backspace (I'm on a Mac) to delete the files.

The result was that only the rated files where deleted and not the not rated files, yet they where selected before I applied the filter.

Try to reset the workspace first and if no change also reset the Bridge preferences. Restart Bridge holding down control key and from the menu choose reset preferences.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points