Skip navigation
psppremiere
Currently Being Moderated

jpeg organizing after import

Jan 9, 2013 8:17 AM

Tags: #jpeg #organizer #slideshow #consecutively_numbered

PE9 user - I have imported from my hard disk folder over 400 jpegs all numbered in the order for the slide show.  Now they are all scrambled in the organizer making it very time consuming to drag each one into the order needed.  I can only organize oldest or newest.  Can you help me get these in order?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to psppremiere

By PE9, do you mean Premiere Elements 9 or Photoshop Elements 9?

If this is a Photoshop Elements question, it's probably better answered in the Photoshop Elements forum.

If this is about creating a slideshow in Premiere Elements, import the photos in a Premiere Elements project using Get Media/From Files and Folders. In the Premiere Elements Project panel, you can arrange the order of your slides in a number of ways, including alpha-numeric.

And don't forget, if you're planning to use these photos in a video slideshow to resize all of your photos to no larger than 1000x750 pixels before you bring them into your Premiere Elements project!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 10:57 AM   in reply to psppremiere

If you don't resize your photos, the program may work very slowly or choke. In fact, if you try to use photos that are too large, the program will reject them completely.

Trust me. You want to optimize your photo sizes.

Are your photos in your Premiere Elements Project panel (not the Organizer or the Media panel)? If so, clicking on the header for the Title column will arrange your files in alpha-numeric order.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points