Skip navigation
zengoth
Currently Being Moderated

photo downloader doesn't recognize ipod

Jan 9, 2013 9:05 AM

Tags: #cs5 #bridge #touch #ipod

Is there any trick to getting Bridge's (CS5) photo downloader to recognize my ipod. And when it does, downloader tells me it can't find supported media when I clearly have many photos on my ipod.

I don't want to have to install iPhoto just to do this one basic thing. Any suggestions on a cause? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to zengoth

What OS?

Do you get the popup when you plug it in?  If so if you click "view files" do they show?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 12:33 PM   in reply to zengoth

If Finder can not find the files then Bridge will not either.

Don't have any iDevices.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 9, 2013 5:00 PM   in reply to zengoth

What do most people experience when they plug their ipod/iphone to sync into their mac or pc. Mine launches itunes AND bridge AND photo downloader automatically at the same time.

That is caused by your preference settings.

By default iTunes starts when connecting an iDevice that uses syncing, if you have iTunes already running it starts syncing automatically.

In Bridge prefs there is also the option to start Photodownloader when connecting a camera. An iPhone has a camera and an iPod can store pictures so both activate Photodownloader. PDL also has the option to start Bridge.

You can deselect all if you wish so.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 10, 2013 4:41 AM   in reply to zengoth

Is there any trick to getting Bridge's (CS5) photo downloader to recognize my ipod. And when it does, downloader tells me it can't find supported media when I clearly have many photos on my ipod.

Missed this post, but in general you are not able to adjust settings in Photodowoader like preferences (there aren't any), only the ones you see in the window can be customized. And to my opinion it reacts more on folders like 'DCIM' that are camera generated and contain images.

An iPod has no camera except the iPodTouch. And this probably should show up in the Photodownloader list when using the USB connection (only have a Nano and Shuffle so can't check myself

for the Touch, the shuffle does not react for PDL.

Bridge can recognize and play audio files like MP3 and MP4 but personally I don't see any advantage in using Bridge instead of iTunes that is dedicated for music.

As said, in Bridge prefs you can deselect the auto start of Adobe PDL but if you have it started and choose to place the icon permanently in the dock (choose icon PDL and hold-click on the icon, when a pop up window appears choose Options/ permanent in Dock) you can start it manually from there in an easy way.

I don't want to have to install iPhoto just to do this one basic thing. Any suggestions on a cause?

To be honest, I'm not in favor for iPhoto also but I have to confess that it is the ideal application for your iPhone generated images. It automatically recognizes the newest files that have not been imported and it has the beautiful function for Places so all images that have been made with location set to on will also be shown at a Map.

You really should consider this very cheap iPhoto app for use with your iPhone

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points