Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How convert one Flash 11.2 to Flash 11.1 SWF file?

Jan 9, 2013 9:07 AM

Hi all,

I am Smart TV developer for Samsung and since that its SDK support Flash 11.1 files and I have a SWF Flash 11.2, for it, Could anybody say me how convert this SWF Flash 11.2 to 11.1?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Alejandro

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to dvd imagen

The only way I know of would be to get the original source file (fla) and set it to publish for 11.1 in the publish settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to dvd imagen

The only decompiler I have ever heard of that is fairly reliable is the one made by Sothink.  I have never used it so I cannot guarantee anything about it... in some cases no matter what you use, the success can depend on the swf.  Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 4:03 AM   in reply to dvd imagen

In Unity 3.5.2 you had the option to either publish to 11.0/11.1/11.2:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/136078-Unity-3.5.2-live-with-many-fix es-for-Flash-Preview

Assuming you have unity 4 you could check if there is the option to save as unity 3 or sth. then open in 3.5.2. and target 11.1

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 4:54 AM   in reply to dvd imagen

It´s true that a Unity produced swf file is nothing like a standard Flex/Flash produced swf file. If you are interested in details, check this talk from Lucas Meijer (head of flash/unity development) out.

Basically they found a way to automatically translate the C++ Code Unity drives into weird, lengthy AS3 Code.

Meijer gives an example of a standard game that produces 2.000.000 LOC when translated into AS3, this is probably why the Samsung SDK won`t accept this non-stadard swf file, and why every decompiler will crash at some point.

You should try to contact him directly and get advise from him. The Unity Team is well known for actually caring for their customer base: lucas@unity3d.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points