Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I NOT have a Scene Selection Button on DVD Main Menu?

Jan 9, 2013 10:19 AM

Using PRE 11.  I have one clip only, with no Scenes (imported from a VHS).  When I try to make a DVD, it adds a Scene Selection by default on the DVD main menu.  Since there are no "Scenes" (at least, as I think of Scenes on a regular DVD), is there anyway to delete/remove the Scene Selection button on the main menu?  All the templates that I saw include the Scene Selection.

Along the same line, I will be importing some VHS to convert to DVD that will have several "clips" on each one.  For example, "Christmas 1988",  "Summer Vacation 1989", etc.  What I want to do with those, is have the separate "clips" as choices on the DVD Main Menu, and again have no Scene Selection.

Is this possible?   Also, I bought a Photoshop/Premiere Elements a few years and a couple of versions ago (because the sale price was the same as Photoshop Elements alone).  I just barely looked at the Premiere after installing, didn't really use it,  but it seemed to me that there were a lot more DVD templates.   Can I download additional Templates from Adobe, or is what came on the DVD all there is?  Is there anyway of making my own, since I don't see just a basic one color type template, there are all too noisy for me.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to RedDog55

If you do not add Scene Menu Markers to your timeline, a Scene Menu will not be generated when you apply your menu template.

Adding several videos to a DVD is much simpler in a dedicated disc authoring program, like DVD Architect Studio. But you can do it in Premiere Elements too. Sort of.

Just place all of the videos end to end on the same timeline and add a Menu Marker Stop Marker at the end of each. This will return the viewer to the Main Menu after each video.

The challenge is that you do not want a Scene Menu, so you're wanting the Play Movie buttons for each video on the Main Menu page. I'm not aware of a Main Menu template in Premiere Elements that has that many buttons. Which means you can either create a custom template (no mean feat!) or, again, use a program like DVD Architect Studio, that makes doing this much simpler.

Your other option is to have a Scene Menu (actually just a secondary menu) with links to each video. If you've got a Stop Marker after each video, your viewer will, as I said, be returned to the Main Menu after watching each segment.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

BTW, if the templates too "noisy" for you, you can apply a template and then just swap in your own plain color background.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 7:00 PM   in reply to RedDog55

I still don't know what you're doing. (Are making sure to uncheck the option for the program to automatically add scene markers?)

I just tested it myself and it definitely does not create a scene menu if you don't have any scene menu markers.

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline so we can have a look? Make sure you press the \ key first so that we're seeing the entire timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to RedDog55

Glad we could help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers