Skip navigation
NewR4581
Currently Being Moderated

Animation Help

Jan 9, 2013 10:03 AM

Hello, I am trying to find a solution for the following on the animation I am working on.

http://www.lancastersc.biz/

When you mouse over an area the center content show up but I can't find a solution so it return to the home image, the phone and building, or the initial state, any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to NewR4581

What is the problem you are trying to solve?  Are you saying you want it to return to the original center part when you move the mouse away?  What code are you using for what you have now?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 7:38 AM   in reply to NewR4581

If you are using loadMovieNum to load each different rollover image, then you need to use unloadMovieNum(1) to remove it when you rollout.  If the home page image is also an externally loaded piece, another option could be to loadMovieNum the home page section for every rollout so that it replaces the current rollover image..

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to NewR4581

I can't really help without more information about how you've designed this relative to the home image showing.  If it is also dynamically added then you would probably only need to use...

on (rollOut)

{

loadMovieNum("home.swf", 1);

}

where home.swf is the name of whatever file you use for the home image that appears.

If the home image is a permanent fixture in the design and is not loaded dynamically, then you probably only need to use...

on (rollOut)

{

unloadMovieNum(1);

}

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to NewR4581

You're welcome

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to NewR4581

If you want to delay the unloading then you can use the setTimeout() function.  If you are not familiar with it, try searching Google using terms like "AS2 setTimeout tutorial"

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 3:00 PM   in reply to NewR4581

You would put the setTimeout call in the rollout function and it would end up calling a function that you place on the timeline.  So on the button you could put...

on(rollOut){

var sto = setTimeout(unloadGov, 2000);

}

which will give a 2 second delay (2000 msecs) before it calls the unloadGov function that you will place in the timeline.

Since I don't know which approach you took for changing the images back, hopefully you can make it match what you did for the others...

function unloadGov(){

unloadMovieNum(1);

}

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points