Skip navigation
robantony
Currently Being Moderated

tethered capture

Jan 9, 2013 11:41 AM

Hi there,I recently bought a book by Scott Kelby on LR4 in it ,it mentions tethered capture so I tried it on my Desktop computor.at the time I was sure I had a picture up on screen that I could adjust before I actually took the shot .So I went out and spent £500.00on a laptop only now I cant get the picture up to adjust it until after I have taken it .Was I mistaken the first time or have I done something wrong,to have it up on screen to adjust would be ideal as my eyesight isn't what it was

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 9, 2013 11:52 AM   in reply to robantony

Which camera make and model?

See if yours is listed

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support-lightroom- 4.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cam eras.html

Which exact version of Lightroom are you running? Current version is 4.3.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to robantony

Should work OK then.

Have you tried rebooting the computer just to see if it makes any difference?

Which operating system? I assume Windows 7 or Windows 8?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to robantony

But using Lightroom to tether will NOT allow you access to the camera controls, nor can you see the live image, which is what I think you thought you had. You can SEE various camera settings in the tether panel, but you can't change any of them using the panel. Perhaps when you first tested it you were actually using Canon's EOS Utility, which DOES give you both a live view picture as well as the ability to control the camera settings?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 12:12 PM   in reply to Jim Wilde

I have the same problem. It came with Windows 8. I think that this is a Windows 8 related problem as EOS Utility don't see the camera either. But the memory card of the camera is accessible by the Windows Explorer. In Windows 7 both Lightroom and EOS Utility are able connect to the camera. I tried the camera with and without the memory card. And booting in between.

Fortunately tethered shooting works with my laptop in Windows 7.

** edit **

I got it working. Earlier I used both RAW&JPG mode. I replaced it to RAW only and set the camera to live view shooting. After restarting the PC, LR found my camera and got the pictures. And without the memory card. All settings must be set in the camera, LR can be used for shutter only. Of course the camera can be used for everything.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points