Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Find and Replace doesn't work in CS3

Nov 24, 2007 5:58 PM

Hello,

Here's an unexplainable problem, at least for me... I'm trying to use Edit --> Find and Replace in Flash CS3 to replace a line of code that occurs in many frame scripts throughout the FLA, but when I click "Replace All", it says "No items found". I'm sure everything is set up correctly in the Find and Replace window: Search in: Current Document, for: Text, and I'm sure I'm typing everything correctly. I have "Frames/Layers/Parameters" and "Actionscript" checked below, and everything else unchecked. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2008 8:06 AM   in reply to kalibahlu
    I'm having the same problem -- I can even do a screen grab that will show an Actionscript statement that the Find function reports as "No items found". Doesn't show up in Movie Explorer either. Frustrating!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2008 8:27 AM   in reply to macandrew
    Don't drive yourself crazy, I called tech support when I had that problem, and they reproduced the error on their end and kindly thanked me for reporting the bug. I guess they're working on it. Thank you for chiming in... misery loves company! ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 11:01 AM   in reply to kalibahlutwo

I'm having the same issue in CS5. Seems like they should have fixed this by now?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 19, 2010 12:35 PM   in reply to november1899

i don't see a problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 1:05 PM   in reply to kglad

Right. Obviously it works for some people (my co-workers, for example) but it's incredibly annoying for it not to be working on my computer (Win 7 x64, etc.) Has anyone else experienced this issue?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 19, 2010 1:17 PM   in reply to november1899

does it always fail even with the simplest of fla's with almost no content or are there particular situations in which you see it fail?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 1:26 PM   in reply to kglad

It seems to almost always fail. I created a new project with some actionscript on the first frame, and nothing else:

stop();

For the most part, searching for "stop" didn't work, but occasionally - maybe 1 in 20 searches, maybe less - I could get it to find that string of text, when searching for "stop" or "stop();" (without quotes) after toggling the regex checkbox a couple of times. I thought when it worked those couple of times that I had been searching incorrectly, somehow, but using those same settings now no longer finds the text. It is truly bizarre.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)