• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Catalyst Help | Create RSS feeds

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/add-content-rss-feed.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My implementation of Business Catalyst 'Site Setting's does not have menu item for "New RSS Channel"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of BC do you have? (account type)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web Basics as part of Creative Cloud for education - it seems I made an assumption that RSS is basic! My experience with free blogging software is that it is.

Thx Jon

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webbasic is REAL basic Jon. It is just to get "Something" out on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too basic. InterCog makes a good point, free plans on other sites do offer more features than Webbasics does here (and yet they can convert, somehow.)

I've had clients whose only reason for coming to Business Catalyst was the five free plans for the Adobe account they already had. Adobe probably won't consider it but I think there's a huge opportunity being wasted here for them in not balancing out the featureset a bit more.

Sorry, i'm done venting now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not getting this right, but it seems like all RSS feeds are manually populated with content by the admin. Is that right? This is the stupidest idea in the world. Why is there no RSS feed for my blog created by default. Why do I have to go to site settings and create a new RSS for the blog and then having to drag each blog post into this feed. Who calls this a viable solution, Adobe? So every time I post a blog post I have to go to site settings and drag the new blog post to the feed? Like seriously why is any other CMS in the world figured this out except for ABC where everything is backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blog can be automatically syndicated into RSS feed. Look at the blog

details page or look up docs.

As for other modules, they indeed have to be added manually.

Cheers,

_M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast reply, Mario!

I did look at the blog details page as the help page indicated and i did have the RSS check box checked, however under the Site Settings the RSS page had no channels in it. So I had to create a new channel so I can have a link to the blog RSS. When I created the chanel and selected to populate it with BLOG POSTs it gave me that ugly 2 box fields where you move the blog posts from left box to the right box. So essentially you have to do this for the blog posts as well. Unless I'm missing something but I spent almost an hour trying to figure this out in the Admin. Whcih is a rediculous amount of time to spend on something that comes pre-built to any other system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to import a blog from Blogger to BC? I have tried using online tools to convert from Blogger to WP and trying to import that but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. Is there a way to import a blog from Blogger into Business Catalyst? If not, is there a workaround? If not, when will this feature be added?

Thanks for any hints!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not native in BC no,

But I could look at building an app which you can get to do this I think.

If you did not mind, for me to review that posibility could you email me liam AT prettypollution.com

And provide me with this:

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/97416?hl=en

And I can see what could be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines