Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is adobe allowing free downloads of PS CS 2?  NO.

Jan 15, 2013 4:16 PM

I heard this in an illustration class I am taking, with some people claiming they have downloaded the program. I can't believe this is true.....somebody please advise. Thanks in advance.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2013 4:21 AM   in reply to sheana2002

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,979 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jan 11, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to JJMack

PS2 is free but will not work on newer macs because it requires powerpc, which is not compatible with newer macs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 7:30 AM   in reply to sheana2002

"Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers.  While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers."

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to sheana2002

No, there are no free downloads.  The downloads are there for people who bought CS2 and have a valid license.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 12, 2013 5:48 PM   in reply to sheana2002

Doesn't anyone care to do what's legal and right if they're not absolutely forced to do so?  Is this the generation we've raised?

If I leave my car parked with the windows open will the folks who feel "Photoshop is now free" come by and steal what they can?

What's wrong with these people?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2013 1:38 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

....If I leave my car parked with the windows open will the folks who feel "Photoshop is now free" come by and steal what they can?...

Sure they will.

Noel Carboni wrote:

...What's wrong with these people?

They're thieves, plain and simple.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 10:25 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Yes, this is the generation somebody raised.  I sure didn't.  Pretty pathetic isn't it?  You scream FREE in a crowded room and they all come running.  When you tell them it really isn't free, they make up more self-fulfilling excuses to justify they should still be able to use it even if it's essentially stolen software.

The thing that gets me is how many of these people would even use the software.  Are they only interested in the software because they assume it's free or do they really have an interest?  You can't upgrade from it because it's so old and try to find a tutorial for it.

No, the ideology is it's "free" and everybody wants it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to William Boswell

You can bully all you want to but some people actually do have a desire to use this software. I own CS2 and still use it on my Winxp 32bit computer. Yes it's old but it still works for me so what? Why are there so many angry "customers" running around this forum trying to chase away people who want to use this software legitimately? How does it hurt you personally anyway?

The real problem with this society and generation is that the "haves" are constantly trying to keep the "have nots" in their place.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 2:30 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

Nobody is trying to chase away legitimate CS2 owners.

[remark removed]

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 1:53 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

Did I say anything about legitimate users?  Of course legitimate users have a right to use old software.  My response was for the people that want something for nothing even when Adobe has said it's not free software.  If they do decide to give it away, then who cares.

Obviously you're responding to the wrong posting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to William Boswell

On another note, if Adobe loses too much money on pirated software every year then the price for legitimate users go up.  People don't think about that.  All those people who ignore Adobe's statement that it isn't free sofware are responsible if this happens.  They don't care because they didn't pay for it anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Calling people thieves who downloaded the software in good faith because they believed and followed reputable websites announcements is wrong and disgusting. Very interesting coming from Adobe representives.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

No Adobe representative called anybody thieves.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 15, 2013 4:46 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

ladyplf2 wrote:

Calling people thieves who downloaded the software in good faith because they believed and followed reputable websites announcements is wrong and disgusting. Very interesting coming from Adobe representives.

So...  Can we assume you do not have a license, downloaded the software, and used the published serial numbers to activate it?  Now knowing you're not legally entitled to use it, have you removed it from your system?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 5:31 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

As shown above, they claim to be a licensed user.  If so then why all the noise about downloading in good faith.  I downloaded it in good faith then uninstalled it when I found out it wasn't free.  I'm sure others with some sense have done the same thing.  Who wants bootleg software on their computer?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 6:48 PM   in reply to William Boswell

1. I am a licensed user.

2. Cris Cox did and it was removed.

3. Why all the 'noise' from all the users calling people thieves who just tried to obtain photoshop  from Adobe instead of pirating it.

4.Why bother to buy software from companies who treat their customers like thieves in the first place. Here I'm talking about all the drm activation crap that crippled CS2 in the first place.

5. I'm bored and why not argue with people on the internet, it beats pirating software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 7:00 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

No, I did not call you anything.

And nobody is treating customers like thieves.

All I said was that the thieves/pirates should go away.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 7:28 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

Ah well, no such thing as a free lunch, even if the lunch is eight years old.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 6:44 PM   in reply to ladyplf2

I have licenses for PS CS 2 (along with almost everything under any CS 2 suite designation), and still use a few of those programs on an XP-Pro laptop. Though I have CS 5, CS 5.5 and CS 6, I followed the discussions closely, though from the Adobe Forums, and not any other sites.

While loosing the CS & CS 2 Activation servers was a bit of a surprise, I was glad that Adobe stepped up with an alternative. Was it the ultimate alternative? Time will tell.

Unfortunately, many read half of the Adobe PR, and then speculated on what it might entail.That speculation, along with some inflation, is what too many have encountered. It is like the game, "Telephone," where one person whispers a statement to the person on their right (or left), and the message gets passed along. At the end, the last person's understanding is compared to the actual message. Strange things happen along the way.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 7:22 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I think the main problem is the word from Adobe is buried in these forums while the people who have already downloaded the software haven't seen it.  They downloaded and left already because they heard it was free because so many websites claim it is.  Also since Adobe never put out an official notice on the download page and included serial numbers for each product, people are believing Adobe is giving it away.

Many of the techie websites are still promoting it as free because they didn't research it.  They took the word of other websites that it was free then everybody out there thinks it's free.  Adobe created their own problem and continue to create more problems for themselves by not posting a notice.  Their continued silence and failure to post an official notice further creates the message that the software must be free.

Some of us know it is for licensed CS2 users and not the world.  Now it looks like it's free to everybody because Adobe fails to make a statement where everyone can read it.  It's probably too late by now.  Maybe at this point they don't care.  They're certainly getting enough PR lately.  Maybe it will work to their advantage.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 8:28 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Chris Cox wrote:

No, there are no free downloads.  The downloads are there for people who bought CS2 and have a valid license.

So why is there a link for downloads with full serial numbers.  Are you saying that the Adobe Staff are completely stupid to leave it there despite knowing it.  See my previous post where I posted the link.  Remove the link or please clarify the facts after you have checked with your superiors.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 10:13 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

The serial numbers should be gone (that was a mistake).

And the download is there for people still using CS2 (legally) who need to reinstall.

We have clarified (repeatedly):  the downloads are only for people who have a valid CS2 license.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 10:53 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Chris Cox wrote:

We have clarified (repeatedly):  the downloads are only for people who have a valid CS2 license.

I think we could all accept the intention more readily if there was a clear note to that effect on the public download page.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

I think that's baffling everyone given the vehemence of the staff being communicated in these forums. Very mixed, confusing messages are being received.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to William Boswell

Yes, there HAS been much confusion.

First, as I still use CS 2 on one machine, I am glad that Adobe did provide a solution for those license holders, like me. However, I think that I would have provided that support, in a different way.

As I have only followed the Adobe statments, and have not followed what might, or might not have been on any Adobe download pages, but it does seem that some of the wording, or lack of wording, probably did contribute to the confusion.

When things die down, and get sorted out, I will download the CS 2 installers for my Adobe programs, in case I do need to reinstall and Activate. I do anticipate that the sorting is on-going, and wish everyone luck on that process.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Adobe is a multi-billion dollar corporation. Maybe putting the serials on the page was a mistake. KEEPING them on the page is not. Adobe employs 10,000 people - literally. Are you telling me that not single one person said, "Oops. Gotta take those serials off of the page." in the entire 2 weeks since this thing went viral? If Adobe is sincere in their belief that CS2 is "free for some". there's no excuse for why the serials are still "free for all." None.

Adobe staffers, I feel bad for you. I really do. I know that you're just doing your job by parotting back the party line. It's your job and you're doing it well. No complaints about you. HOWEVER, what you say and what your bosses do don't exactly match up.

1. We're being told that CS2 is only free for current license holders, but look at where we're being told this. This info is being kept in the tiny confines of this forum. Adobe has not directed a statement to the larger world, as serviced by the major tech & news sites. Singing in your shower is not the same thing as performing the Superbowl halftime show. Say it loud. Say it proud. Say it for all to hear. Adobe's forums are just a tiny corner of the internet. There's a whole group of people who have downloaded CS2 who haven't heard your message.

2. Staffers, I know what you're saying. I hear it. If this is true then why is none of it mentioned on the download page? Again, the Japanese site has a disclaimer. Why not the other sites? Your talk is not matching the walk.

3. Is it REALLY that hard to take the serials off of the page? Look. If you're serious, just edit the darn page. I don't know about you, but it'd take me less than 1/2 an hour to copy and paste a disclaimer, hide the serials, change the download links, and upload the correction. You've had 2 weeks (or more) to do it. You're not. If actions speak louder than words, what are Adobe's actions really saying?

4. How about this Adobe? Commit a few hours of your resources. Just a few. Edit the installers and have them reject the public serials. Send out new serials to ACTUAL CS2 license holders and... TADA!! You can't fix the situation of already downloaded copies, but you can stop the spread of future copies. In essence, you have the power to blacklist those public serials for all future installations.

See my problem? Their actions aren't aligned with their words. That's either a sign of incompetence or that Adobe has accepted that "free for all" as an unofficial status quo for CS2. Again, staffers, I don't expect you to agree. I expect you to be the good little Adobe soldiers that you are. Staffers gotta eat too. However, let's be realistic here. There's a lot of talk, but not a whole lot of action.

Again, more people watch cat videos than read these forums. Adobe has the power to fix this situation, to correct this misconception. They're not. They won't. What's the message?  As far as anybody's concerned, CS2 is free for all. Unless somebody directs them to these few threads, that's the message.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to juggalord2k13

Why should Adobe bother changing anything about the page, like removing the serial numbers or adding a disclaimer?  Anything they do will cost them people’s time and therefore money.

Adobe isn’t losing much if any money by having these obsolete products “available” for anyone to download even if only current CS2 owners are supposed to.  By having this page available with serial number intact, they are reducing the number and duration of support calls which do actually cost real money.  

Anyone who is using these obsolete products for free isn’t someone who likely would have paid for the current product and these obsolete products are tied to obsolete operating systems that are tied to obsolete hardware so eventually they won’t run anymore. 

Anyone who doesn’t own CS2 but installs and successfully uses the product with positive feelings is a potential future customer with blogs and forums and chatrooms distributing the marketing information rather than Adobe having to do anything than put up a page and send out e-mails to people who are using CS2, currently.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to ssprengel

ssprengel wrote:

Why should Adobe bother changing anything about the page, like removing the serial numbers or adding a disclaimer?  Anything they do will cost them people’s time and therefore money.

And it isn't costing them time and money by having their forum staff respond here? How much time and money could they save by just posting a disclaimer once and for all? It sure beats answering the same questions over and over again on the forum.

As for why should they bother.... The already have. Just look at the Japanese page. They added both the January 8th Community Admin statement and a full on disclaimer saying that it was for CS2 license holders only. That was literally a day after the "free CS2" message went viral. That's over a week and a half ago. See what I'm getting at? There's a mixed message here and it's intentional. Somebody took the time to write a disclaimer up, but decided to post it for only a certain audience. It's like, "Japan, only some of you can grab it. Everybody else,  have at it." It's not a matter of "should they" because they already did. It's more of a matter why they did it selectively. That, imo, is curious and a little damning.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 1:58 PM   in reply to juggalord2k13

The laws in the US and Japan may be different and the market sizes certainly are and so the potential marketing calculations may have resulted in a different messaging conclusion.  Adobe is a US company not a Japanese company.  The content editors and approvers may be different in the two countries and who might have been on vacation when the content was decided on and whomever was their backup may be different in November and December between the two countries.

Adobe may have purposely left their CS2 site ambiguous for the reasons already stated, or for any number of other reasons, perhaps after much thought and analysis or perhaps after very little. 

Adobe may have decided that it is a mistake to not have a disclaimer, but publically acknowledging the mistake by correcting it may cost them some small percentage of stock price at least until more time passes.  Or someone in Adobe

Adobe may have already decided to change things but it takes a while for things to percolate through their change management bureaucracy so they may not be publically visible, yet.

Chris either gets paid to patrol the forums and respond or he does it on his own time, in either case, it isn’t costing more money for him to reply to a particular thread unless he has so much else to do that it is getting neglected. 

The licensing terms Adobe shows the user and that the user must accept as a condition of them using the software should be sufficient to give Adobe recourse of doing anything they want with CS2 or any other Adobe product you have installed on your computer at any time.   If it is more cost-effective for them to do something different in the future they certainly can.  For example, suppose I have CS6 installed and choose to download and install Acrobat 7 which I don’t own, already.  Adobe can disable my CS6 if they want at some point when I download the next CS6 or AAM update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 2:09 PM   in reply to juggalord2k13

And it isn't costing them time and money by having their forum staff respond here?

Now this is a joke right?  Staff hanging around here costs nothing because their level of knowledge and intelligence is almost zilt.  Would you employ them in your business if they are spouting incorrect information daily.

Earlier somebody posted some links for corrections where there were serial numbers and downloads but the staff guy deleted them because he couldn't care less taking the trouble to make any corrections.  All he cares is doing his time for the day for which he gets paid.  He is not bothered about Adobe as a corporate enterprise trying to protect their intellectual properties.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 5:17 PM   in reply to juggalord2k13

As for the S/N aspect, I would just assume that someone ran with that. They have probably had to relinquish their official Adobe CS 2 coffee mug, but I do not know that as fact.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to Adobe.Hacker

Staff hanging around here costs nothing because their level of knowledge and intelligence is almost zilt.

Not exactly sure what a "zilt" is, but would assume that it's similar to a "zilch," but could be wrong.

Actually, my expereince has been the opposite, at least on the forums, that I frequent. The Adobe staff IS informed, as some were product engineers for the programs.

Now, they might be insulated from the Marketing Department, but have input into the Technical Support (and limited interaction with Customer Support), however, they might not be privy to ALL corporate decisions. Still, they are respected contributors, and greatly appreciated.

Some probably do the forum work, on their own time, but a few have that participation as part of their job descriptions - so there are some, who hang here out of a desire to help, missing "family time," while some probably have an amount of time, that they are required to participate. I would guess that it might be based on seniority , but could be wrong.

Since I do not have an organizational chart in front of me, with annotations on where these decisions came from, I cannot comment, other than to say that I might have done things a bit differently. Better? Maybe, or maybe not.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 17, 2013 8:21 PM   in reply to John Waller

John Waller wrote:

I think we could all accept the intention more readily if there was a clear note to that effect on the public download page.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

THAT is what is needed, yes!

There will be amoral individuals who will get away with what they can get away with.

There will be law abiding citizens who will be mislead to think the software is free, then find out they were mislead, and maybe even provide feedback on the sites they originally were mislead by.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 8:59 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

There will be amoral individuals who will get away with what they can get away with.

There will be law abiding citizens who will be mislead to think the software is free, then find out they were mislead, and maybe even provide feedback on the sites they originally were mislead by.

I totally get what you're saying Noel. Here's a missing piece of the puzzle too.. Suppose that you're Joe Casual. It's January 7th. You're doing your Twitter thing and one of your friends tweets that Adobe is giving away CS2 for free. He read it on legit sites like Gizmodo or Forbes and wanted to pass it on. You download it. You install it. You use it. You never give it a second thought. In fact, like everybody else that day, you've got no reason to think that it's not free. You're not likely to lurk on the Adobe forums and you got the direct page link second hand. What then?

A guy like that, who probably represents the average person, will never know what's being talked about on these forums. He certainly wasn't misled, as credible sites repored that CS2 was free. He's not a criminal and has no cause to believe that he is; Adobe did, after all, leave it out in the open as they would any other free download. He's not trying to get away with anything either. Other companies do give away old software all of the time, some far more expensive than CS2. A guy like this will never, ever know that what he did was allegedly illegal or even (subjectively) immoral.

Honestly, you can't demonize or criminalize these people. The fault falls squarely on the shoulders of Adobe. They did, and continue to do, everything in their power to make CS2 appear as free as every other free download on their site. People have no real way of understanding or knowing that this is not the case. That'd be like me putting an assortment of fruit on the table, telling everybody that they can take some, but forgetting to tell them that the apples are just for certain people. Can I blame them for grabbing the apples? No. I didn't warn them. The apples seemed as free as the oranges, pears, or grapes right next to them.

If you're Joe Casual and you're linked to the download page, how will you ever know? If you never visit the forums, how will you know? If your daily internet routine doesn't include trolling the tech sites, how will you know?

And to the notion that people downloading CS2 had no intention of every buying CS6... I'm not sure that I believe that. There are a lot of newbies and aspriing artists who would rather not pirate software. They'd rather suffer silently with GIMP while they saved away their pennies for CS6. For those people, CS2 might seem like a gift from the heavens and their introduction to the world of the Adobe products they've been saving for. The people innocently downloading CS2 aren't just a bunch of freeloaders. I firmly believe that a fair number are potential Adobe customers. I can't speak for everybody, but I'm a member of a several art communities and know people who think like that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 9:27 PM   in reply to juggalord2k13

juggalord2k13 wrote:

I totally get what you're saying Noel. Here's a missing piece of the puzzle too.. Suppose that you're Joe Casual. It's January 7th. You're doing your Twitter thing and one of your friends tweets that Adobe is giving away CS2 for free. He read it on legit sites like Gizmodo or Forbes and wanted to pass it on. You download it. You install it. You use it. You never give it a second thought. In fact, like everybody else that day, you've got no reason to think that it's not free. You're not likely to lurk on the Adobe forums and you got the direct page link second hand. What then?

A guy like that, who probably represents the average person, will never know what's being talked about on these forums. He certainly wasn't misled, as credible sites repored that CS2 was free. He's not a criminal and has no cause to believe that he is; Adobe did, after all, leave it out in the open as they would any other free download. He's not trying to get away with anything either.

I don't disagree that Adobe screwed the pooch...(wouldn't be the first time Adobe made an announcement that was flat out wrong). The motivation was, however, trying to do the right thing for the legit users of CS2 that would be impacted by turning off the activation servers for CS2. Why that happened and what prompted the turning off of the activation servers isn't clear (it may never be). But Adobe acted to try to help out legit users.

Was this a total FUBAR situation? Yes...

Was Adobe trying to help out the CS2 users? Yes...

Did Adobe screw up? Yes...

However, Adobe is "trying" to correct the situation...prolly sticking a finger in the dam to try to prevent a flood. But, CS2 is old tech...it won't run well on ANY currently shipping OS. So, those people who think they've scored a cool freebie will find out the moment they buy a new computer with a modern OS will be shyte out of luck...they'll have to go out an BUY Photoshop to run it (I can see the tech support nightmares now–hey, you guys–Adobe-gave aways CS2 and now I have a new computer and why aren't you updated the software I though was free to something that runs on my new computer?

Anybody here should know that only license holders of CS2 are entitled to download and install the non-activation versions of CS2 and use the serial numbers provided.

You guys can go on slugging it out here if ya want...but the bottom line is if you read this thread you know darn well that downloading the non-activation versions of CS2 without a legit licence is bogus (even if it's Adobe's fault it happened).

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 17, 2013 10:17 PM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

You have to admit, it's an interesting internet dynamic, though...

By way of analogy...

Premise:  A local jewery shop with some nice stuff inside has bars on the windows, armed guard inside 24/7, dogs, laser perimeter monitoring...  They've had it for years.

Then one day they pull down the bars, send the guard home, put the dogs in a kennel, turn off the lasers, and leave the door unlocked when they go home.  They put the good stuff in a safe, but the older jewelry they just leave in the cases.

Would passers by notice the complete change in security stance, and make the leap that everything in the store must now be free for the taking?

That's the kicker.  In the real world, by the turnaround from "locked down hard" to "walk on in", people would not generally assume the contents of the store is theirs for the taking; most have learned that other people's stuff is still other people's stuff, even when it's not locked down.

Yes, maybe the shady characters that might have tested the door when it was locked would now avail themselves of the merchandise, but the average joe wouldn't.  Nor, I suspect, would the local paper just make the assumption that "all the old jewelry is now free."

I hope that this isn't a glimpse of the future, and we're not headed toward a society where everything that's not locked down hard can just be expected to be taken.  We're already part of the way there to be sure, but in my experience in most places still you can forget to lock your car and everything's still there when you get back.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 10:36 PM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

Jeff Schewe wrote:

You guys can go on slugging it out here if ya want...

Let's hope not, Jeff.

I only drop in on the the Adobe forums occasionally when I have a serious (to me) question because my past experiences have been that there are plenty of well qualified and helpful people who are  willing to help -- and, without the typical nonsense that is all too frequently found on some of the techno geek forums .

The forum format has changed since my last visit and I was sifting through some of the threads to see how things now work and came across this thread.  It really disappoints me to see the unsavory culture that exists on so many other forums seems to be creeping into the Adobe forums which I have regarded as a bastion of civil discourse.  I am hoping that this reintroduction to the Adobe forums is just an anomaly.

Paula

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 10:38 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

I hope that this isn't a glimpse of the future, and we're not headed toward a society where everything that's not locked down hard can just be expected to be taken. 

Leave the store unlocked overnight and it's a mistake, one you'd hopefully not make again. Leave it unlocked everynight with the keys in the door and you invite theivery. When you do all of that AND move the inventory outside of the safety of the story, you're not simply inviting thievery. You're encouraging people to take what's now out in the open.

When I go out, I lock my door.  If I forget to lock it and somebody takes my TV, I got robbed. If I go out, lock my apartment, but  move my TV to my front lawn... Aren't I saying, "Take me." to any bypasser? People do that all of the time. Would that make dumpster divers thieves? One man's trash is another man's treasure, as they say.

I'm not exactly sure that I can blame people for likening the current treatment of the CS2 situation to that of a person discarding an old tube TV on the front lawn for any trash collector or dumpster diver to take. No amount of screaming by Adobe people on the forum will change that perception. Adobe might as well be screaming, "Don't steal my lawn TV." from the confines of the shower.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points