Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Working with Photoshop CS6 3d Text in AE CS6

Jan 11, 2013 5:24 AM

Hi Guys

I used PS 3d text a couple of times in CS5 without a problem but I'm having difficulties in CS6. I may have missed out a step because 3d in PSCS6 is a lot different to CS5. I want to move the camera around some 3d text. I've imported the PS file with its layers and clicked the 3d icon in the layer panel but it's just a 2d replication of the 3d text, so when I move around its axis it's like paper thin end-on.

I'm not sure if I've gone wrong exporting from PS or in my AE settings? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I hope this explanation is clear enough to give an idea of the problem.

Regards,

Graham

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2013 7:28 AM   in reply to glaustin

The 3D stuff has been removed in CS6, unfortunately. Eitehr use AE's own 3D extrusion stuff or use a plug-in like Elemnt 3D for the time being.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to glaustin

No real tips. Despite having "qualifying hardware" that supports GPU raytracing and all the other stuff, I stay away from CS6 most of the time. Trying to work around the various issues is simply not worth my time and it adds zero production value to my world. Just try it and if there are issues, report them here. We sure can figure things out.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points