Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Business Catalyst Integration

Jan 11, 2013 4:56 PM

Tags: #business-catalyst #edge-code

From reading the responses of the Adobe team here, it appears Edge Code is focusing on client side coding and integration with the other Edge tools and services.  And interestingly there appears to be plans to make Edge Code work in the Cloud.

So with that being the case, it appears that with Business Catalyst being one of the Edge services that handles the server side, it seems Edge Code and Business Catalyst would make a great combination.

Are there any plans to add a Business Catalyst extension that accesses the BC modules and tags and maybe even make Edge Code work directly in the Cloud in the Admin backend of a Business Catalyst site/subscription? 

I know that we are able to add extensions to Brackets and Edge Code but since BC is owned by you guys, it seems to me like there is a huge opportunity there for something special because of how well Business Catalyst and Edge Code seem to complement each other.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to Daryl Barnes

Hey Daryl, thanks for posting this. I'm filling in as Brackets PM while the main PM (Adam) is out on paternity leave/sabbatical.

I did a little bit of research into what Business Catalyst integration would look like. One of the things that looked like it might be interesting is to use Edge Code as the BC editor in the browser, as you mentioned. Edge Code is a ways off from having a browser-based version, but it's definitely something that's on the roadmap. The other option is the extension you mentioned. I looked into a bit to try and figure out what a BC extension could do but wasn't familiar enough with how BC works to know which features to focus on.

I'll reach out to the BC team and start doing some more information gathering.

=Ryan

ryan@adobe.com

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2013 1:18 AM   in reply to Daryl Barnes

Hey Daryl,

This is Bogdan Ripa - Business Ctaalyst Product Owner.

Thanks for your note. As you can imagine, our teams have talked in the past about a potential integration, and edventually it will happen. I know how valuable this would be for our partners, and I'm a big advocate that we build it.

While Brackets does not have (yet) a browser-based version, we have integrated directly with Code Mirror and have built a code editor in Business Catalyst directly. Our next release (scheduked for next Tuesday) will actually take our in-browser code editor out of alpha, and all partners will be able to use it. Here is how it will look like:

BC Develop Mode.png

When the Brackets code editor will be ready for in-browser use, we'll take that branch and use it ourselves.

Again - thanks for the note!

- Bogdan

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points