Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premier Elements 11 - "no burner detected"

Jan 12, 2013 6:36 AM

I have recently upgraded from elements 9 to elements 11. The software is installed on my lap topPC which runs on Windows 7 64bit.

The programme is working perfectly except for when I try to burn a project onto a DVD. When I select share and burn to DVD I get a message saying "no burner detected". I had no problem with version 9 on the same lap top from which I was able to burn a DVD without any difficulty. Funnily enough, if I select to burn as AVCHD the disc burner is detected.

The lap top is an Asus N55S intel core i7 - 2.2 Ghz with 6GB ram

I hope someone can offer a solution to this perplexing problem

Thanks

Brian Saberton

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to BriRonS

This is a pretty common problem in Windows. Windows programs sometimes monopolize the disc drive and refuse to share it with other programs. Though in your case it's even stranger because your old version of Premiere Elements did detect a burner!

Meantime, have you manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded the non-critical updates, which don't install automatically and often include important drivers and patches?

And, if that doesn't help, you can use the two-step method:

1) Use Publish & Share/Disc/DVD with the option to Burn to Folder selected.

2) Use a program like ImgBurn (free) to burn the VIDEO_TS folder Premiere Elements creates to a disc.

There are a number of advantages for using this method. It takes no more time than the one-step method, and many people (including me) prefer to do it this way anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to BriRonS

Brian,

As Steve points out, there are several possible causes for the "No Burner Found" error message. This article covers several of them: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3127429#3127429

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 11:30 AM   in reply to BriRonS

The reason the disc won't play in your DVD player isn't likely related to your software. It's nearly always a hardware or, more likely, an issues with the disc itself.

Have you tried what we suggested yet and downloaded ImgBurn, selected the option to Burn a Folder and then used it to burn to a DVD the VIDEO_TS folder that Premiere Elements created?

We can't really help you unless you try our suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to BriRonS

This is my personal choice, but I never burn directly to disc... I always write to hard drive and then use Imgburn

Imgburn gives me MUCH more control over the burning process... I always burn at the slowest speed the media will allow (to give the laser beam more time to make "well formed" holes in the dye layer) and I have never had any playback problems

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points