Skip navigation
RonDarling
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot start Business Catalyst from Dreamweaver CS 6.

Jan 14, 2013 3:36 PM

I have a x64 Windows 7 operating system and have CS6 Dreamweaver installed. I have the Master collection and have a subscription to the creative cloud. When I click under Site - "New" Business Catalyst Site.... A dialogue box opens up that says Business Catalyst on the title bar but the box is white and then disappears.  On the right side where it has the Business Catalyst tab that says "Login" and the button does nothing. No response at all. If I select Site -> Manage Sites and select either Import Business Catalyst Site or New Business Catalyst Site  the
dialogue box opens up that says Business Catalyst on the title bar but the box is white and then disappears.

Everything else works (I can log in to the Phone Gap service), but anything related to BC will not work at all. If I login using Muse all is ok. Muse is on same machine as dreamweaver CS6 .On another windows 7 machine using dreamweaver cs5.5 I can log in to BC just fine. Just from dreamweaver CS6 I have this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to RonDarling

Sounds to me like you installed the Business Catalyst extension for Dreamweaver?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 4:06 PM   in reply to RonDarling

Ok, then usually when I have issues with DW I always delete the DW Cache file before doing anything else. It almost always fixes the problem.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2260933#2260933

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 4:25 PM   in reply to RonDarling

You say "once you subscribed ...."

Does that mean you had the DW stand alone from Master collection installed then subscribed to the cloud?

If so, you may be experiencing a conflict in registered users. Is your DW registered to the same Adobe ID of your Business Catalyst stuff?

Just trying to eliminate possible causes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2013 4:49 PM   in reply to RonDarling

Out of curiosity then I would install the cloud version of DW. That way we know that would be in sync .... only takes a few minutes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points