Skip navigation
flozig2012
Currently Being Moderated

Only eleven web gallery templates in Adobe Bridge?

Jan 15, 2013 6:49 AM

Only eleven web gallery templates? If possible, how and where can I get more templates? Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to flozig2012

Only eleven web gallery templates? If possible, how and where can I get more templates?

There are very few positive users and many disappointed users when it comes to the Adobe Output Module. Personally I have no use for Web Gallery (yet) but it seems only be possible to modify the existing templates in style and save this as a custom setting.

Can't find an easy way of adding custom templates yourself.

I use the PDF output to a certain degree of satisfaction but I agree that the AOM needs a complete overhaul, but don't hold your breathe for that because it has not changed very much from the first time it appeared in CS4

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 17, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to flozig2012

Just be aware that if you install the newly posted Bridge CS6 5.0.2 Updater, you will lose most of the limited number templates you already had in 5.0.1!

There was nothing  posted in the Release Notes to warn us that Adobe had done this.

Removing existing features from products without notice in mid-cycle seems to be a new, and very unfortunate, tactic by Adobe who did the same thing to Photoshop CS6 when they removed the "View at Print Size" feature in the last update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

[ . . . ]

Removing existing features from products without notice in mid-cycle seems to be a new, and very unfortunate, tactic by Adobe who did the same thing to Photoshop CS6 when they removed the "View at Print Size" feature in the last update.

Since it seems PS often defaults to displaying print size, I miss the "Actual Pixels" item the most. But yes I can see a problem when you've been editing in various amounts of percent and then want to see how it will look at print size.

I guess %100 is the same thing as "actual pixels", is that right?

Is there some percentage that is the same as "print size"?

Does anyone know why those items were removed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

The zoom-percentage that is the same as "print size" differes from Monitor to Monitor but in all versions of photoshop before the last couple of posted updaters in CS6, you could set your Screen resolution in the the Prefs. and View at Print Size would provide the correct zoom automatically.

You can either find the correct screen-resolution for your monitor by measuring the image on your screen with a physical ruler and applying some basic arithmetic to it — or you can go into Acrobat Pro (which apparently has the ability to find the correct values automatically while Photoshop apparently lacks that capability!) and copy the value from there.

I understand that this feature has been dropped from Photoshop CS6 13.0.2 and later because the Photoshop team could not make it work with Retina.

For this reason, I am not intending to install any Updaters beyond 13.0.1 until this issue is fixed.

However, a Script has been published on this Site which does provide a calculated value which you then copy/paste into the Zoom box in the bottom left corner of the Photoshop window.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 5:47 PM   in reply to CameraAnn

CameraAnn wrote:

[ . . . ]

You can either find the correct screen-resolution for your monitor by measuring the image on your screen with a physical ruler and applying some basic arithmetic to it — or you can go into Acrobat Pro (which apparently has the ability to find the correct values automatically while Photoshop apparently lacks that capability!) and copy the value from there.

Have you any idea how to extract that res info from Acrobat pro?  Looking thru the menus and prefs, nothing jumped out.

CameraAnn wrote:

[ . . . ]

However, a Script has been published on this Site which does provide a calculated value which you then copy/paste into the Zoom box in the bottom left corner of the Photoshop window.

What Site?  the forums, adobe home... what?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 10:29 AM   in reply to HarryPutnam

A quick search on "Print Size View" would have found you this page (as it did for me!):

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/missing_print_si ze_button_after_cs_6_13_0_2_upgrade

The link to the Script is included in that Thread.

To make this (and other Scripts) easier to use, create your own Panel (using Adobe Configurator) and add an Action button to run the Script from the Panel.

Re: finding Resolution through Acrobat Pro:

Simply open any document and look in Preferences/Resolution.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points