Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creating timeline animations

Jan 15, 2013 9:56 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to Community Help

Is it possible to add frames at the start or in the midle of the the timeline?

I'm currently at version CS5 (Extended)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 4:03 PM   in reply to ls_123321

If you are referring to frame animations, yes, you can do this by pressing the new frame button in the Timeline panel. This will duplicate the selected frame.

Screen-Shot-2013-01-16-at-4.01.28-PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 12:54 AM   in reply to Alec Molloy

Thank's for your replay Alec, but I'm referring to the timeline animations and your answer addressed frame by frame animations.

Say, I wanted to insert 24 frames (i.e. 2 seconds in my case) at the 5 second position. The only way I can think of is extending the duration of the animation (thus adding frames at the end) and moving all key frames right of the insertion point on all layers . Although I can select multiple key frames at a time, it is a very tedious prosess, especially if the animation cannot fit on one screen.

Is there any way to insert frames anywhere else than at the end?

PS! I tried to include a screenshot, but it was removed when I hit the Post button.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 11:37 PM   in reply to ls_123321

As far as I can tell it is not possible to do this. Photoshop's video capabilities aren't exactly on par with http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects.html, which might be more suited to your needs if this is a big problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 12:45 AM   in reply to Alec Molloy

Thank you for your reply Alec. I've solved my current issue the manual way, and I guess I'll try to use AfterEffects in the future.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to ls_123321

I know your pain as I have had to do it the manual way when pre-composing an animation. It takes a long while, but it made me realise that it is better to just animate in After Effects if you have the program.

If you aren't familiar with the product, or are a bit rusty, you should take a look at the Learn After Effects show on Adobe TV. It has some great tutorials for you to look at:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-after-effects-cs6/

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 12:25 AM   in reply to Alec Molloy

Thank's for your advice Alec.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to Community Help

When i render my video in timeline, it cuts out all the text , and the last few seconds. Why is this, can i fix it?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points