• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - Adobe Application Manager crashing loop.

Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've encountered a new issue over the last few weeks.  Users open an Adobe CS6 application that was packaged with AAMEE 3.1 and a crashing loop begins.  The AAM opens and closes once per second in the Dock, along with the application that was attempted to be opened.  Because of the constant open and closing of these apps, it's almost impossible to get the mouse or keyboard to focus for enough time to do a force quit on either application, and a hard reboot is usually required to break out of the cycle.

I have a video of the crashing loop occuring here, along with the required Adobe logs for troubleshooting:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o143cozn8kg1ql/oyy6YX40iC

I would like to repeat that this package was built with AAMEE 3.1.  When the issue occured, I did a full uninstall and reinstall of CS6, with the CS6 package rebuilt from scratch the day I did the re-install.  All computers that have had the un-install and re-install occur have had the crashing loop recur.  So far this has happened to about 5 users in our environment.  We are currently on semester break, so there are less people here working than usual, so I'm anticipating a further outbreak once students and faculty return next week.

Running the serialization tool on the affected machines does resolve the issue.  I don't know if it resolves it permanantly, yet.

Thanks,

~Ted

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are having the same problem here with both CS6 Design Standard and Web Premium. We are running iMacs of a couple of different generations and OS X 10.6.8. They were recently imaged using DeployStudio with a variety of software, including Adobe Reader, Flash and Shockwave plugins, and Air included in the main image. Then the CS6 packages (created using AAMEE 3.1) were pushed out using ARD. At first I thought is was due to a bad package so I recreated and redeployed the packages and that fixed the problem for 1 day and then it came back. I have also created a serialization file and packaged it using Platypus as described by Karl Gibson here:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/2352-102-1-2404/AAMEE%20-%20Serialization%2...

This seems to fix the problem, but I too don't know how long it will hold. Worst case scenario I will set the application created via Platypus to run hidden at login and hope that works.

Thank you,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the issue recur on machines that have had the serialization reapplied to them after a day or two.  The serialization tool itself could be used in a script that can run in an automated fashion.  That's my next step if some of the issues continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let me know if you have applied some Photoshop patch? there is a known issue of licensing not working properly after applying PS patch. Apply the latest Photoshop patch 13.0.4 and reserialize the product.

If you have not applied PS patch and still seeing the licensing issue, then please send PDApp(in users area), OOBElib and AMT3 logs (in /tmp).

Also in case of imaging, after installing the image on client machine, first launch of product doesnt launch the product. From second launch onwards it works fine.

thanks,

Rahul

rbaiswar@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I reserialize it? I have the same issue on like 10 of the users macs it is driving me nuts. I have tried the newest PS update 13.0.4 but it still not working for a few users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are the steps for reserializing the package -

1: Create Update Package (including PS 13.0.4) using AAMEE 3.1

2. Deploy Update to Client

3. Create Serialization File with AAMEE 3.1

4.Run File on client after update has been installed

Hope this resolve the licensing issue.

thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appricate your help with this. I did all of the 4 steps you gave me to do but I still get the looping. The serialize file is just a UNIX Executable file I logged in as admin on the user mac and double clicked on the file. That is correct how to do that right?  do i need to copy over the whole foilder or just the UNIX file to the users mac?

If I launch Photoshop 13.0.4 the looping does not stop at all (have to force the machine to shutdown)

If I launch Indesign it will kill the program after a few secs of looping

Can I email you my PDApp.log file?

I am not sure where to find the other log files, wondering if you can help me locate them. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you may want to do is use the uninstall package created by AAMEE when you created your initial deployemnt package to fully uninstall CS6 on the troublesome stations. Then create a new deployment package with all of the current updates and redeploy CS6. This is rather time consuming but it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that muliple times on all trouble machines, but still have issues. I have also used the adobe uninstalled that is suppost to clean uninstall CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have one where I can not even uninstall it at all (can not install it again either), CS6 Design standard  on 10.8.2 tried the uninstalled and also the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool with no luck. Is there a way to manually uninstall it? What files would I need to delete? I could try to manually uninstall each program I have not tried that yet. Did you get my file that I emailed to you? Did that help at all? Thanks again for all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

AdobeSerialization (serialization file created using AAMEE 3.1) is not a double clickable file. You need to run it via command line to serialize the prodiucts. the command line is -

AdobeSerialization --tool=VolumeSerialize --stream --provfile=Absolute_Path_of_prov.xml

where

1. --tool=VolumeSerialize specifies that the tool needs to process the prov.xml file to serialize.
  2. --provfile specifies the absolute file path to the prov.xml file,

By default, the tool looks for the prov.xml file in the same directory as the executable file and so

typically you do not need to specify this option. (Specify this option only if the prov.xml file is in some

other location.)

Make sure you invoke command prompt with Admin privileges. Return code of zero means success.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had some success with this.

I found the serialization didn't stick between users logging in, so I had to set up a loginhook for OS X 10.8.2 so that each time a user logs in the serializer runs with admin privs

I copied the app I bundled with Platypus and the loginhook.sh script which the contents looks like this.

#! /bin/sh

# adobe serializer Media iMacs

# Date Modified: 8/2/2013

# --------------------------------------------------

/Users/administrator/CS6-Serializer.app

to my administrators home dir and enabled the login hook with this command

defaults write com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook /Users/administrator/serial.sh

Now this works some of the time *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines