Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creative Cloud applications starting as trial? Try this!

Jan 17, 2013 4:30 AM

I just wanted to share a possible solution for the trial version problem that a lot of people seem to experience. The whole topic is very confusing because there seems to be a trial version problem that is specific to Photoshop (probably fixed by the latest update) and then there are cases where all applications installed from the Application Manager think that they are trial versions. This issue pestered me for two weeks now and today I stumbled upon something that unexpectedly resolved the issue - at least for me.

All I had to do actually was to install a new application from the Application Manager (anything that wasn't installed before - in my case it was Flash). I wanted to check if a newly installed application would also fall into trial status directly after installation and what happened was, that it didn't. What also happened was that ALL other applications returned to their normal behavior. No more trial popups!

I figure that installing a new application somehow forced the Application Manager to check my subscription status in a way that a normal login would not do. The solution persited after a reboot of my computer so my hopes are high that this solved the problem permanently.

I'm curious to find out if this might help anyone else.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 17, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to daniellieske

It appears to have solved the problem for me.  I was having the same headache.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to daniellieske

I ended up getting support on the phone finally and the answer they gave me that worked was to simply run the Application Manager.  The recommend doing it once a month to keep your subscription up today and avoid the trial issue.  I think that downloading new software was less the solution than simply running the Application Manager.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 7:38 AM   in reply to sivadnhoj

I had to actually download something (Edge Animation) before it would let me open any CS6 app.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to daniellieske

Thanks Daniel, finally I'm no longer bugged by the trial screen issue!

My Photoshop CS6 on Win7 64bit started with the trial screen after 9 months of fine running. Then all my CS6 apps started trialling. I had no luck with entering my Adobe ID, it then asked for a serial. However, my Photoshop wouldn't update from 13.1, Adobe Application Manager reckoned everything was up-to-date.

I just came across your post, so I tried installing Acrobat XI. Lo and behold, Adobe Application Manager wanted to update itself first. After that it installed Acrobat and the latest Photoshop updates - and now there's not a trial screen to be seen.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 2:38 PM   in reply to daniellieske

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I did that last month.And the trial messages still came back up this month...Here's hoping it works for you guys at least next month. This is SO annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to panangle

Mine started acting up again as well, but I was able to just sign in with my adobe id the second time and it resolved the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to daniellieske

Installing the latest Photoshop update (13.0.4 or 13.1.2) should resolve the issue. It may also be necessary to relicense the software again, click the "License this software" button and sign in with your Adobe Id. We also have this document about the issue.

Trial screen displays on launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/trial-screen-displays-you-open.htm l

Hope that helps,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to jpgrigni

One nuance I noticed is that if I let it just try to log me in with what appeared to be existing credentials, it didn't work, I had to say I had a different ID and explicitly log in with my username and password.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points