Skip navigation
Dordykinz
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe asking to be authorized to upload to my Youtube account?

Jan 17, 2013 11:03 PM

Tags: #youtube #premiere #elements #problems #premiere_elements #uploader

I was uploading a Youtube video, which I have done about 20 times before, and I got an error message from Adobe, saying "Online services have encountered an error", which only happens when I lose internet connection halfway through an upload.

My internet is fine, so I was confused. I clicked "try again later", and shut down the program and opened it back up again.

This time, I got a message from Adobe asking to be "authorized to upload to my Youtube account". I didn't know what this meant, but I clicked the "yes" option, and this message popped up:

Thank you for authorizing Adobe Premiere Elements to upload to your Youtube account. Select "complete authorization' to continue uploading the media to your YouTube account.

I clicked "complete authorization". It brought me to a webpage where I had to select my youtube account. Then it told me what I was authorizing Adobe to do, which included "manage your Youtube account", "View your email address" and "Perform these operations when I'm not using the application".

I have never been asked to authorize this before, and I don't really want to authorize it, but Premiere Elements won't let me upload my video until I authorize it.

Is this normal? Is it safe to authorize? What does it mean by "manage my account"? I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 10, by the way.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to Dordykinz

In order to upload directly from Premiere Elements to YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook, you must authorize the connection on each of these sites.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to Dordykinz

If you don't want to authorize Premier Elements you can output a video file using supplied presets.

Share > Computer > AVCHD and pick a YouTube preset.  Create and save the file in a folder where you can find it.  Then use the standard YouTube uploader at YouTube.

A couple of advantages are that the file is more quickly created and you get control of PrE back while the file is uploaded "in the background".  Also, the file length limit seems to have changed at YouTube and PrE has the old limit built in.  If your vidoe is more than 15 minutes (I think) and YouTube has authorized you for longer, you have to do it outside PrE.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to whsprague

Good point, Bill. Although many people insist on uploading directly from the program rather than doing it as a two-step process -- despite the advantages.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to whsprague

For the two-step process, this FAQ Entry might prove useful. Though it lists earlier versions of PrE, everything should work just fine in PrE 11: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/623549?tstart=0

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 10:43 AM   in reply to Dordykinz

This very same thing happened to me. I authorized everything and the tried to upload as usual. I click share-online-youtube, type in the title, discription, and tags. I click next and select the catergory and privacy settings then I click upload and it glitches and starts over on the how would you like to share? page. I have uploaded to youtube successfully many times in the past and it never did that before it asked me to authorize. What is happening and how can I upload my video? I tried saving it as a wmv file and uploading it manually but it won't allow me to change the file either. Thank you.

Cheryl

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 15, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to cheryllll

In researching the direct YouTube uploading from PrE, Adobe informed me that near the end of 2012, YouTube did make some changes to their side of things, but had reported that everything had been fixed by about mid-January, 2013.

If anyone is still having issues doing direct uploads to YouTube from PrE, I would appreciate their reporting those. The dates of the OP and your Reply with the same, or similar problems seem to be after YouTube had rectified the issues, but maybe they reported their fix a bit prematurely?

Now, one thing to consider is that YouTube has also begun offering "extended accounts," where the standard Duration limits have been increased. I do not believe that PrE sees those "extended accounts," and still imposes the old limitation (10 mins. Duration?), so there will likely be an issue there, until PrE 12 is released. That would be a different issue, than what I interpret these to be.

Good luck everyone, and please report whether things are now better.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 5:41 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

We are having the same problems as noted above by dordykins and others. 

We have added another gmail account (to show to other customers) and keep getting the Error, please try again later message, plus all the problems mentioned above. 

Frankly, we have found PrE ropey and unreliable.  I use it to edit a fortnightly video from about 25 mins down to 8 mins and in that process (which includes several titles) it crashed 12 times last week.  Have posted about this problem previously and tried everything suggested but it is still very poor indeed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to SensibleMel

For those crashes, this FAQ Entry might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0 Most users do not experience crashes on a well-tuned, adequate computer. If you are on Windows, be sure to see the link to "Finding Clues," as it will direct you to Windows Event Viewer, which can be a very useful tool, for troubleshooting crashes.

For the YouTube upload, you mention a second G-mail account. As most of the user issues have been related to their Google accounts for YouTube, I would clear all settings, for uploading to the Internet, and then carefully enter in just the details for that one account, that you wish to use. First guess would be that some aspect of the other account is still in those settings.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points