Skip navigation
J_ryan_88
Currently Being Moderated

Setting up a default CSS rule on all html docs in DW

Jan 18, 2013 3:36 AM

I have an external style sheet that I want to apply automatically to any html document I open in Dreamweaver. I know how to attach an external style sheet to an html page, which is fine.

But I'm wondering is it possible to set up Dreamweaver so I don’t have to manually attach the style sheet; the style sheet would be applied by default. I’d need this setting to apply to both new html files and saved html files.

Would anyone know a trick to implement this?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to J_ryan_88

I looked for this once before, I liked the ability to create a default page to my own specs in GoLive all those years ago and there doesn't appear to be a way to do it from within DW itself. I suppose there is a way to go in and modify the file DW uses. I think they're stored in configuration > Document Types > NewDocuments. (if you do this, make a duplicate of the file first so you can replace it with the original if you break something).

You could use a Snippet by saving the code you want to add as a Snippet, then clicking in the relevent position in the <head> and double clicking the Snippet. Or you could create a personal default page, store it on your hard drive and open that page to do a "Save As" rather than opening the HTML default page under the File > New.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to J_ryan_88

Use a DW Template with a link to your external style sheet.  All child pages spawned from that .dwt file will acquire the external style sheet link.  AFAIK, that's the only way to do what you want.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points