Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premier Elements 10 Camera Raw 6.6 update fails

Jan 18, 2013 3:47 AM

Tags: #raw #camera #10 #6.6 #elements_10 #camera_raw_6.6

Running the Camera Raw 6.6 update for Premier Elements 10 fails with the message:

Update Failed

! Updates could not be applied

Error log says:

Elements Camera Raw 6.6 Updates

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Windows 7 64-bit

What gives?  How can I find which version of Camera Raw is installed?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to Funken9

What process are you using.  I don't remember how to tell which it has.

When I did it, I used the "updates" choice under the Help menu in Photoshop Elements 10.  It looked for updates, found ACR 6.7 and installed it in both Premeir Elements 10 and Photoshop Elements 10.

Since then, I upgraded to PrE11 and have done it twice.  ACR is up to 7.3 currently.  PrE10 can't and won't go past 6.7.  If you have a newer camera, you may have to get an upgrade.

Bill

PS:  After I posted this, I tried loading a RAW photo file from a new camera that requires ACR 7.2 into PrE 11.  It works very well!  I had no idea PrE could handle RAW photos!  I thoght I had to convert to .jpg, .dng, .tiff or something.

Edited for with additional information.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to whsprague

And make sure you've manually gone to Windows Update and downloaded all of the non-critical updates (which don't download automatically). They often provide important updates that are necessary for high-end programs to use.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 6:19 AM   in reply to Funken9

Funken9 wrote:

It seem the updates of Photoshop and Premier have been for new file sharing functions and cloud storage or macros that deploy basic image/video imaging functions.  I have no interest in using social network and cloud storage interface, I just want to edit, so upgrades have not been appealing. 

The capabilities included in PrE11 for AVCHD 2.0, as well as the smoother process of setting the project preset were appealing to me.  But, if you do not have a camcorder capabile of 1080p, you might not find the appeal.  With PSE 11, I found the appeal in the support of RAW for a new camera I bought.  If you don't have any new cameras, it may not have appeal either.  Of course, the new and less cluttered inteface might not be applealng to everyone either.  For me, it was a major improvement to put the growing crowd of tiny buttons into organized menu tabs where you can read and see the purpose of the button function.  Oh, and then there is the improved version of slow motion control, but that might not have appeal either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to Funken9

Funken9 wrote:

I not sure what is the value of AVCHD 2.0?  Is it specific to Panasonic and Sony cameras?

It all relates to the current standard for HD TVs and Blu-Ray players.  The idea is that some think the clearest and sharpest picture you can get on current TVs is 1080x1920 with 60 frames progressive.  Having a TV that can do that I think I agree.  Maybe because AVCHD is a relative of Blu-Ray, not all camcorder makers (like Canon) have signed on.  But, Sony and Panasonic did.  Applr has not been keen on it either. 

The 2.0 part is around a year old.  AVCHD at first did not include 1080p60.  On one camera I own it took the press of a separate and independent button to shift into it.  Now the AVCHD 2.0 includes that and the newest camera I own has it built into the menu structure like the rest of the choices. 

As far as PrE goes, editing of the AVCHD 2.0 1080p60 video formatr was not officially supported until the latest version.  However, I got it to work pretty well in version 10.

Frankly, if it was not the 1080p60 files that come from two of my cameras and one of my wife's, I might have stuck with version 10. 

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to Funken9

Funken9 wrote:

Other than improved slow-mo, the 60 fps is all viewed at 30fps.

I have a WD TV media player that plays 1080p60.  I have a Sony BD Player that plays DVD "data disks" with 1080p60 files or I can plug in most anything to the USB port.  I have a Sony TV that will play 1080p60 through an HDMI hooked to my laptop.  My next BD player will be a Panasonic.  They play SD cards plugged into a slot in front straight from the camera.

Last but not least, the cameras themselves plug in via HDMI and play 1080p60.  In the Sony system, the TV recognized the camera instantly and allows use of the TV's remote for control.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points