Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade Web Basics from with a CS6/CC subscription

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CS6/CC subscription.

I have a website created in Muse that is hosted on BC using the Web Basics plan that is included in the the subscription.

I am considering upgrading to one of the paid for web plans but I cannot find a way of doing this from within my existing subscription. I have just wasted 20 minutes on Abobe Chat with a man who clearly didn't know the answer either, hence my asking the same question here.

Please advise.

Thanks

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

The 5 "entitled sites" will only work with the "web basics" plan at this stage.  If needing a higher site plan you'll need to create a completely new site seperately. 

Reference: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2152

What types of sites can I host as a Creative Cloud subscriber?

-The 5 sites that you will be able to host for free as a paid member of Creative Cloud are under the webBasics plan. For all other types of websites, you will have to pay separately.

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

What features from a more advanced BC plan are you interested in?

We are continuosly looking into improving our offering in the Creative Cloud and customer feedback is essential in understanding your needs,

Sincerely,

Alexandru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sidney and Alexandru

Thanks for your responses. However I am very surprised that the BC that provided as part of CS6/CC/Muse subscription is ring fenced from a BC subscription taken out seperately, there seems no business or technlogical logic for this.

At the very least I would like to be able to host email with BC for domains that I have used Muse to create websites for. And if I have clients who would like to use some of the more sophisticated elements of BC like eCommerce and Content Management then I would expect a seamless upgrade path within my current subscription.

I have a current issue with Cookeryclassics.com, I am finding it impossible to host email for this domain unless I either use Google Apps or apply for a seperate BC sub. I would rather do the latter if I could simply add a new service to my existing subscription.

Best

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC would have to cost more to also cover the costs for emails Graham. Even google apps from google you have to pay for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, I am not suggesting it be free, but why no upgrade from within CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Graham,

Believe me, I would be very happy to upgrade from within CC - but today we're on two different billing engines (Business Catalyst has its own that is designed to also work for overages and for small business owners), while Adobe has a very enterprise billing engine that is designed for Creative Pros.

We're still working the quirks of integrating those two engines, but we envision a path where you will be able to upgrade from CCM.

Sincerely,

Alexandru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines