Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

After recent update, bridge won't quit, no previews.

Jan 18, 2013 9:00 AM

Tags: #mac #bridge_cs6

Once again, a new update, additional problems.  I've removed all of the files from the data cache and described in earlier posts.  Once I click a folder, now the contents wont create previews.

The little wheel in the bottom left just keeps spinning, spinning says 13 items, (92 thumbnail extraction, 1 preview extraction).  And keeps spinning, spinning.

So then, after not being able to see my previews, I attempt to quit Bridge.  Can't do that either.  I have to "Force Quit" Bridge, only to come back to the same problem.

THIS is the quality you should expect from purchasing the CS Cloud monthly service!  Every new update I will now not install, because most, not all, but most, create problems that weren't there orignially.

Thanks Adobe!  My workflow has again come to a halt all around your products.....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to Limbo Design

Have you tried resetting preferences?  Hold down Ctrl key (option on mac) and start Bridge.  Will get a reset window with 3 options.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to Limbo Design

What OS?

Do you have anything in crash report?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 2:59 PM   in reply to Limbo Design

So then, after not being able to see my previews, I attempt to quit Bridge.  Can't do that either.  I have to "Force Quit" Bridge, only to come back to the same problem.

Since you mention 'Force Quit' I assume you are on a Mac. Don't know if you have 10.8 installed but using 10.7.5 I have had no trouble whatsoever with updating from the cloud using the Adobe updater.

Also run check and repair permissions on a regular base might be of help for you.

Can you confirm your system version as well as what computer and amount of RAM, Graphic Card (VRAM) and free space left on your HD?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points