Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

'Cut to Camera #' shortcuts available from Timeline

Jan 18, 2013 9:41 AM

Tags: #multicam #cut_to_camera

Is there any way to cut to Multicam camera angles using keyboard shortcuts when the Timeline or Program monitor are the active windows?

As far as I can tell, the Multicam keyboard shortcuts for "Cut to Camera #" only work properly when the Multi-Camera window is active, which seriously hinders my workflow.  These shortcuts only have an effect in the Timeline if a clip is selected, but then instead of cutting to the new camera angle, it replaces the whole clip to the selected camera angle.  Can others confirm this behavior?

I imagine that this is a bug since I can't conceive of why it would have been programmed like this on purpose.

If there is a way around this, please let me know!  If not, I'll send Adobe a Bug Report and encourage others to do the same so that the get this fixed asap.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

It's not a bug.  Multicam cutting is designed to be done from the multicam window.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

You don't need to change a camera angle from the multicam window.  Once the cut is done, you can change angles right from the sequence.  If you need to make additional cuts first, the normal cut options still work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

Nope, that's the way.  I don't make enough mistakes during the first pass for me to worry about it, though.  I might make two or three changes over an hour program.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Nope, that's the way.  I don't make enough mistakes during the first pass for me to worry about it, though.  I might make two or three changes over an hour program.

Wow!  You should be a live broadcast director or vision switcher.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to shooternz

I am actually.  I do a lot of live shows, including switching.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 5:36 PM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek
    I can't see how adding this functionality would hinder anyone's workflow

It wouldn't necessarily, but it does take resources, which aren't unlimited.

Mind you we're not talking about tweaks here.  If a camera goes wonky and I change over a few frames late, that's very quickly and easily corrected by sliding the cut point over with the Rolling Edit tool.  Here were talking only about the need to add a new cut point and change the camera angle for the new cut.  If you have to make hundreds of those changes after the first draft in the multicam window, then you need a LOT more practice with multicamera cutting.  Not making that many mistakes will speed up your work flow a lot more than this feature request will.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to PierreLouisBeranek

If you have the luxury of a multicam workflow that requires next to zero tweaks after a live edit, I'd consider that a blessing!

Again, I'm not talking about tweaking a cut point.  I do that plenty after the first pass.  I'm talking about the need to add a new cut point and switch angles for that cut.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points