Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS3 install error

Jan 18, 2013 12:22 PM

Hello, I'm away from home and brought my Illustrator CS3 box with me to install on a laptop gifted to me to try and get me working again. My old (and I mean OLD) desktop computer at home hasn't run for over 6 months. (Had installed Illustrator CS3 on that back in 2008).

Anyway, this computer is running Windows 7. When I tried to Install Illustrator CS3 on it, I  got an "Installer Databale Corrupt" error message.Tried searching the Internet and seens some comments about people having to either delete  certain shared files, or reinstall all their Adobe prodects. Here is my problem. I have my Photoshot CS installed okay. But I don't have the box with me with the install discs. I am using PS regularly at the moment and don't want to risk loosing that. It would be really nice to have Illustrator CS3 up and running, but not as critical as PS-CS.

I am able to access the Interenet only a public libraries and fast food (usually McDs or BK)

Any help would be welcome. Please, no "sucks to be you" replies. (Yes, I've gotten those.) And please no "just upgrade to the latest and greatest" messages. No can do with my current situation. Not working at the present. Lost my PT job end of 2012. I might have the opportunity to do some paying graphic design work, and having Illustrator up and running would be nice.

Thanks,

Henry

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points