Skip navigation
toorg
Currently Being Moderated

using LR4 with InDesign

Jan 18, 2013 12:55 PM

I use Lightroom 4 for almost all of my phorographic work. How do I get an image from LR$ linked into an InDesign document by using the Place command?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to toorg

Save it as JPG or TIF.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 8:20 AM   in reply to toorg

toorg wrote:

I use Lightroom 4 for almost all of my phorographic work. How do I get an image from LR$ linked into an InDesign document by using the Place command?

Working on images in Lightroom is "indirect." That is, all the operations you perform on an image are saved in a Lightroom catalog, but the imported original image is unchanged. There's a default catalog and location, and users can create additional catalogs. The imported original images are saved in a default location, or the user can specify a location. If you place the imported original image directly from the location where it was imported, you'll get the unedited version. To get the edited image for placing into InDesign, you need to export it.

Search Google for terms like "default default location of lightroom 4 images," "default default location of lightroom 4 catalog," and "exporting images from lightroom 4," without quotes, for details.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to toorg

Please delete your personal info when replying by email.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points