Skip navigation
Flyfishingman21
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 10: I lose my edits when I "share to facebook"

Jan 18, 2013 8:39 PM

Hello!

I've finally started using a copy of Elements 10 I had lying around, and I have a problem. I'm shooting in RAW format, and whenever I make changes to the image using the RAW mini editor (rather than Elements proper), the changes show up all right in Organizer, but when I use the "Share to Facebook" function, it blows away all my edits and posts only the original image as it came out of the camera.

I've tried to use "Save As" instead of "Done," and it doesn't seem to help. I've been searching on google (and these forums) for about half an hour, and I'm completely at a loss.

Please help!

Terry

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 2:39 AM   in reply to Flyfishingman21

You need to convert your raw pictures files to the jpeg format.

When you are in the ACR module dialog, instead of choosing 'Done' or 'Save', select 'Open' to open the file in the editor of PSE. You can do edits if you wish, and then you 'save as' selecting the jpeg format.

Just note that the jpeg format is only in 8 bits mode, so have a look at the bottom center menu in the ACR dialog and change it from 16 bits to 8 bits. You need do that change only once, it is 'sticky' afterwards.

Just a note about what 'Done' or 'save' are doing : 'Done' saves the changes you have made with the sliders in a very small file with the same name and the extension '.xmp'. It records the commands, the 'recipe' to adjust your file. It does not change anything in the original raw file. The 'Save' command converts your raw file into another raw format (.DNG).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 24, 2013 9:58 PM   in reply to Flyfishingman21

During Export, I think Organizer does read xmp and saves changes to the exported photo?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points