Skip navigation
PhotoCap
Currently Being Moderated

PSE11 Importing subfolders

Jan 19, 2013 9:14 AM

All right, I feel stupid.

I am staring at a tutorial that tells you how to import pictures from file folders. 

I have 3 Folders, folder 1 to folder 3.   Folder 3 has 3 subfolders and lets say subfolder 3 had 6 sub-subfolders.

I have already imported folders 1 and 3 successfully without importing the subfolders.  I now want to import subfolder 3 from folder 3 (which has 6 sub-subfolders) but not subfolders 1 and 2.

What I am seeing is that if I select the main folder the "Get Folders from subfolders" is active and can be checked or unchecked as I desire.  Now when I select subfolder 3 (which has 6 sub-subfolders) the "Get Folders and subfolders" is greyed out and the "Get Media" button is greyed out.  In other words, there is no way to import all the folders under subfolder 3 unless I go back to the parent directory and select subfolders or I go the the 6 individual sub-subfolders under subfolder 3. 

So I imported all the pictures from the one of the individual folders, now I can't import any of the other folders.  Why can't I import just the subfolder and all its subfolders?  I keep reading the tutorial and it sounds like I should be able to do this?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Also, I know without a picture it might not be clear what I am trying to do, hopefully I communicated the issue properly. 

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,863 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to PhotoCap

Try using the panel on the left in Organizer. Click the two yellow pins to expand the tree structure. Then try the right click options on individual folders & sub folders.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points