Skip navigation
GoletaMum
Currently Being Moderated

How do I move my photos from the organizer into the photo bin?

Jan 19, 2013 8:55 AM

Tags: #photo #organizer #bin #pse_11

PSE 11 on Mac running Mountain Lion.  I managed to import some photos into the Organizer, But how do I get those photos into the Photo bin of the Elements Editor? I actually have opened 3 of the photos with Editor but they don't appear in the photo bin.  I am probably missing something pretty obvious but am totally new to PSE 11 - the last version I used was PSE 8 which used the Browser option in which you could just click on the photo you wanted in the browser and it would open it in the Editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jan 19, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to GoletaMum

Simply select thumbnails in Organizer and click the Editor button at the bottom.

The photo bin shars the same space as the tools options so you may need to click the icon (bottom left in Editor) to show the photo bin.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 9:28 AM   in reply to GoletaMum

If the photo bin is showing, but the photos are not, click the pulldown menu at the top left of the bin and choose Show Open Files. If that doesn't do it, try Show Files Selected in Organizer.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 9:37 AM   in reply to GoletaMum

Selecting 'thumbnails' is not clicking on an option, it means highlighting the thumbnails of the files you want to edit.

You can select several files individually by ctrl clicking on each one, or select a sequence of files by alt clicking on the first and last of the series.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jan 19, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to GoletaMum

You want Photo Editor. If you also had Premiere Elements there would be a third choice of Video Editor.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points