Skip navigation
hcpaula
Currently Being Moderated

scanner not installed message in Photoshop Elements 11 --- but preview works!

Jan 19, 2013 2:27 PM

Tags: #photoshop #not #elements #scanner #in #11 #message #installed

I can preview a scan from my Epson V700 Photo scanner, chose the boundaries to scan, etc., but when I hit the scan button, it says that it "cannot complete the import command as there is no scanner installed". How can it commuynicate with the scanner, preview the scan, and then state that the scanner is not installed?

There is a Twain Plug-in in the Photoshop Elements Plug-in folder

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 2:41 PM   in reply to hcpaula

I can't speak for Photoshop Elements per se but I can speak for standard Photoshop on the Mac and state that it on the Mac cannot see some scanners which is most likely an Adobe Photoshop issue, not a scanner-related driver issue.  Especially since another app on your Mac CAN in fact communicate with the scanner.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 4:32 PM   in reply to hcpaula

glad you found your answer hcpaula!

unfortunately this blog does not describe a way to properly fix Photoshop to read the scanner.  I misread your initial post and thought that PE wasn't reading your scanner at all and that it was being read by the Mac "Preview" app instead of PE previewing your scan properly.  There is a support files folder for Photoshop CS6 but it is different than the one for Photoshop Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to markerline

Please review this thread, esp. post #9

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1078516?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 5:40 PM   in reply to hatstead

Please forgive me.... what does that thread have to do with scanning on a Mac?  Especially Mac OSX Lion and Photoshop CS6?  I know perfectly well how to scan using TWAIN 32-bit plug in Windows.  I have seen several posts about issues with scanning on Mac and now PS is not even available on Mac to be launched in 32-bit mode making TWAIN drivers obsolete depending on the manufacture of the driver/scanner and if they have a 64-bit TWAIN driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 6:46 PM   in reply to markerline

Are you asking about PS or PSE, markerline? They are not the same in this respect. PSE 11 is still based on the code for CS5, not CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 7:15 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

It is my fault.  I thought the two applications were related which is why I tried to answer the question based on Photoshop Standard or Extended which comes with CS6 and try to relate the answer to Photoshop Elements which is what hcpaula was asking about.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 7:32 PM   in reply to markerline

No problem. Most years PSE is based on the current version of PS, but since PSE is on a twelve-month schedule as opposesd to the (sort of) 18-month schedule for PS, it doesn't always happen quite that way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points