Skip navigation
greggy11
Currently Being Moderated

How do you open Photoshop Elements 11 graphics backgrounds without an internet connection ?

Jan 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Are the graphics backrounds able to be opened in anyway with out being connected to the internet as they were in previous versions of Photoshop Elements, I don't have a large amount of internet download available to me, or a large amount of money to pay for a large amount of internet download, as a lot of companies these days seem to think I/we do.

I have just installed Photoshop Elements 11 for mac (OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion) installed from DVD, and clicking on a background only gives me a message that I am not connected to the internet not an opening background as I would normally expect, are they not included with the disk as in previous versions ?, if so how do I get them off the disk and onto the computer and if not how how do I get them from Adobe via the internet or otherwise, and onto my computer or can Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 only be used while connected to the internet?,

I know Adobes people have done similar things to this in previous versions eg, not being able to open Elements Help unless you weren't connected to the internet, because if you were connected clicking on help wouldn't open help no matter what you tried, it would only take you to the online forum. If there is no fix for this available now, does anyone know if there will be a fix for this in future versions?.

And if anyone from the Adobe Photoshop Elements team happens to be reading this, maybe it is time the team stood back and looked at the big picture! or maybe put someone in charge that can at least see the big picture, instead of this turning a good program to crap thing that the team seem to like to introduce to the customers now and then.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 3:53 PM   in reply to greggy11

Anything in the Graphics panel or the Organizer's list of album templates that has a blue banner on it must be downloaded before you can use it the first time. Once it's downloaded there's no need for a connection to use it again. I wish they would have at least included a Download All button, but that's the way it is.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points