I have created a scaled floor plan dwng using the grid in PSE 10. It would be very useful to me to be able to print the grid directly with my drawing - preferably as a semi-opaque 'background'.
Can this be done?
The grid will not print directly. The work-around is to open a blank layer above the floor plan, use a small brush, or the pencil tool, and pruduce a "grid" on this layer.
Open the grid
Click on the Brush tool, left click over the origin of a grid line, press the shift key, and left click at the end point of the grid line. This should produce a straight line.
Repeat for the other gridlines on the same layer
Reduce the layer opacity to suit
Have a look at the grid generator by Richard Roseman. It's a free plug-in:
1. Add a blank layer and fill with white.
2. Activate the grid on the white layer.
3. Take a screenshot of the grid and place it in a new layer. Use the Move tool to resize this layer so that the grid matches the original.
4. Delete or turn off the visibility of the white layer.
5. Change the Blend mode of the grid layer to Multiply.
Note: you can use the PrtSct key for the screenshot but there are utilities where you can draw out the precise region. I use Winsnap: http://www.ntwind.com/
For another method check out msg#2 at