Skip navigation
bknjs
Currently Being Moderated

Magic Bullet Looks no longer showing on Adobe Premiere Pro

Jan 19, 2013 6:43 PM

For some reason after i auto updated my CS6. Magic Bullet Looks no longer shows up under Video Effects. Like it dissappeared from Adobe Premiere Pro. I checked my programs and it shows Magic Bullet is still installed though.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2013 12:51 AM   in reply to bknjs

Check C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore for the presence of the plugin directories.

For instance C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore\Magic Bullet Colorista

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 8:56 AM   in reply to bknjs

Have you tried reinstalling MBL?  Only takes a couple of minutes. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to bknjs

Depends on where the presets are stored.  If they're stored in the pref file, and you choose to replace the prefs, then yes... your presets would get wiped out.

You could save / move / archive your prefs file before you reinstall (or look for a presets folder) and then re-write it after you did your reinstall.

You didn't say Mac or Windows, so I can't help you on where those might be.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 9:19 AM   in reply to bknjs

Use a utility like BeyondCompare to make sure your C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5.5 and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS6 match in content. That is the easiest way to upgrade to a newer version and add the plug-ins as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to bknjs

I'm afraid not; I'm a Mac guy.  You could try using the search function for Presets on your Applications drive.

Here's a trick I use:  Name a preset something unique, like "madonna's bra."  Then search your disks for "madonna's bra."  IF the presets are stored as separate files, there it is  (This is the case for Pr Keyboard Settings, for example.).

If your search produces no results, they're probably stored either in the Prefs file or an aggregated Presets file unique to that plug-in.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to bknjs

Search for "looks" on your app drive and see if you find anything that looks like a prefs file that you modified when you created that new preset.

I'm trying to teach a boy to fish here, and you seem to want us to give you the fish.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to bknjs

Just rename or remove "-64x" on plugins name

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to bknjs

bknjs wrote:

Sorry i typed " looks"  on my search.. doesnt show up anything from adobe.

Looks is not an Adobe product.  Red Giant.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points