Skip navigation
Scythron
Currently Being Moderated

Command + Option + TAB on Mac

Jan 19, 2013 5:31 PM

When I use the keyboard shortcut Command Option TAB on a Mac, which is supposed to let you change between the selection tool and direction selection tool, it only lets me toggle between the selection and group selection tool. The group selection tool also won't let me drag an anchor. It selects the whole line or object. Any help is appreciared thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 19, 2013 6:30 PM   in reply to Scythron

Command-option-tab toggles between the Selection tool and the last used direct or group selection tool.

Simply click and hold the Group Selection tool in the toolbar and choose the Direct Selection Tool. The toggle will then switch between the Selection Tool and the Direct Selection tool.

Basically what the shortcut does is move between the top two tools, however they are set. Since the second tool in the toolbar can be either the Direct Selection or Group Selection tool... it can toggle between either of those tools.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to Scythron

Don't hold the keys... simply press command-option, then tap the tab key and let everything go.

If you want to toggle on-the-fly, so to speak...... say you have the Rectangle Tool selected, hold the command key to switch tot he last-used Selection tool. If it's not the right selection tool then hold command-option, tap the tab key, and then let go of the option key, keeping the Command key depressed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to Scythron

Glad I could help

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers