Skip navigation
gpolaroid
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS6 playback issues & graphics glitches

Jan 20, 2013 5:21 AM

Hi everyone.

For a few days now (not sure whether it's been like this since the latest update) I have been experiencing serious playback issues and graphics glitches with Premiere Pro CS6. I'm on a Macbook Pro Retina.

Please see attached screenshot for reference. What happens is, I start Premiere - it works fine for a few minutes, but at some point things start to go wrong. The program monitor doesn't show anything anymore, even though the playhead is moving and I get audio.

Sometimes, either the program monitor or the source monitor displays some other part of the Premiere UI or even OSX Finder windows/ other applications like safari. What you are seing in the screenshot is a glitch showing a part of the source window within the program window.

Once this happens, there's nothing I can do but to restart Premiere.

Does anyone else have these kinds of issues?

Premiere is becoming unusable for me at the moment, which is a serious issue since this is my primary NLE.

What also happens from time to time is the following: i start up my project, and once i do anything like moving the playhead, i receive the following error message "a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down" which then does exactly what it says. this will happen repeateadly until i restart my computer.

Thanks for your help. screen23.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to gpolaroid

Welcome to the forum. 

Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card, and if you're using hardware mercury playback, then make sure you have the latest CUDA drivers from nvidia.  If that doesn't work, then please answer the questions here as completely as you can:

Adobe Forums: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2013 8:19 PM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

I am having the same issue since updating. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, I've got 8 GB RAM with a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20 Ghz processor. I have updated all my drivers after reading this thread. Everything was working perfectly until I updated to the latest version of Premiere Pro (version 6.0.3).

I cannot work with the program now. Is there a way to rollback my update to the previous version?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points