Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Blu-ray Fatal Error Code 6: Video Bitrate too High?

Jan 20, 2013 1:57 PM

Tags: #error #video #buffer #code #encore #6 #bit #bluray #fatal #rate #ray #blu #underflows

So I get this error every time I try to encode my Blu-ray disc. I am assuming that the bit rate I used to encode from Premiere was too high. Am I correct? If so, does this mean that I need to re-encode all of my assets at a lower bit rate before bringing them into Encore? Or is it some other issue? I did read all previous posts on this topic and couldn't really find an answer.

Thanks for any help.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/JasonBoone/ScreenShot2013-01-20at41728PM_zps8aabad79.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to Boone Documentaries

What bitrates are you using? For both video and audio. Note that this is a total bitrate error.

Some users have solved these sorts of issues by reducing the bitrate.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 6:52 PM   in reply to Boone Documentaries

What is your audio in Encore? Does it stay PCM, or transcoding to ac3.

The problem with 35Mbps as a rate, is that there is relatively little extra room once you add the audio rate. While the PR/AME export should not allow any peaks, there has been some suggestion that peaks may be at issue in some of these errors.

I agree with trying to reduce it, but I would make a modest drop - say 32 or 30 - before I drop all the way to 25.

I don't think VBR helps here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 7:22 PM   in reply to Boone Documentaries

By root folder, if you mean that in the transcodes folder the audio files have been transcoded to ac3, that means your Encore project audio is set to dolby. The audio files use much lower datarate than if you left them as wav. So that is not an issue.

Yes, bitrate peaks.

I understand about the time to transcode. If 25 works, and you don't like the quality, you could decide whether to try again somewhat higher.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 9:20 PM   in reply to Boone Documentaries

Scan further to the right. You are looking at the DVD transcode status, not bluray.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2013 4:58 AM   in reply to Boone Documentaries

Sounds good!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers