Skip navigation
CitizenAmerica
Currently Being Moderated

Design Premium 5.5 HUGE PROBLEM

Jan 21, 2013 1:33 PM

I bought the upgrade soon after release and it has been running just find.  Yesterday, I started ID5.5 and it locked at the splash screen.  After some attempts to address though searches, I found that Illustrator did the same thing.  I then tested all of the other programs in the suite and they operate fine; these two being the exception.

I then uninstalled, used the cleaner, used spybot, used registry mechanic to straighten up the registry, restarted and reinstalled the suite.  Same problem.

I then went to the plug ins renamed the folders for both, then deleted the settings folders etc.  Still no result.

Any ideas please?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 21, 2013 8:47 PM   in reply to CitizenAmerica

You are not providing any system information or other details. Watch the spalsh screen and tell us at which point it locks up and provide the crash info from the Event Viewer along with system specs.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 9:51 PM   in reply to CitizenAmerica

ExpressionWeb.exe

Make MS' Expression Studio behave...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 2:11 AM   in reply to CitizenAmerica

Well, something is fundamentalyl busted with your TCP/ networking stuff. Short of reinstalling the operating system from scratch I don't think you'll be able to fix it. all your tools crash trying to access network components and that could be anything from a security tool haven bent your networking stuff beyond recognition to a virus doing its thing...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points