Skip navigation
lambchopnyc
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver adding spaces inside code....

Jan 21, 2013 9:51 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver

Dreamweaver is adding spaces inside my H1 tags and also my meta descriptions (+ probably more) and Google can't read it for SEO.

Any ideas how to resolve this and why it would be happening?  I am using CS6 on a Mac.

I've been trying to work with BoostSuite on SEO and they software will not recognize the tags because of this and it works the same as Google would to read the tags.

Here's an example:

<meta name="description" content="Biscuits by Lambchop - Sensible      treats for the sensitive dog - specializing in healthy gluten-free      dog treats. Also free of wheat, rice, corn, soy, dairy, eggs,      animal proteins and preservatives, and low in fat, sodium and      phosphorus. Biscuits by Lambchop is your  premier source for healthy treats for dogs, made with love and care for quality, in the USA.">

Actually I copied and pasted here and it looks fine, like it does in DW code view.  However if you go to the site (biscuitsbylambchop.com) and view source the spaces show up like this:

<meta name="description" content="Biscuits by Lambchop - Sensible      treats for the sensitive dog - specializing in healthy gluten-free    dog treats. Also free of wheat, rice, corn, soy, dairy, eggs,           animal proteins and preservatives, and low in fat, sodium and     phosphorus. Biscuits by Lambchop is your  premier source for healthy treats for dogs, made with love and care for quality, in the USA.">

Thanks for any input!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to lambchopnyc

Hi,

to delete these spaces you could use DW's "Find and Replace" function or detour a "normal" text processing program.

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 6:53 AM   in reply to lambchopnyc

Hi,

use a simple texteditor and copy your text into DW (or do this action already in texteditor). Using DW, I'll show this screenshot:

drSpaces.JPG

First little green arrow: Search (Suchen): put in two spaces with the space bar

Second little green arrow: Replace (Ersetzen): put in one space with the space bar

Control your action, one after the other.

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to lambchopnyc

Which app are you copying & pasting from?  MS Office is notorious for adding junk code which you can't see in DW.  To avoid this, use Edit > Paste Special > Text only.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to lambchopnyc

Hi,

as I said above, therefore I use a "simple" texteditor (from my German Windows) like

drEdit.jpg

and already there you could use find/replace or you copy your text into DW and use its f/r function.

In WORD you have to use other tricks, so as Nancy said.

Hans-Günter

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points