Skip navigation
hanshaugli
Currently Being Moderated

Uanble to read the cache

Jan 22, 2013 3:35 AM

Tags: #error #bridge #cache_reset

After upgrading to CS6 Bridge keep giving me the message "Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in Cache Preferences to correct the situation". This happens every single time I start Bridge. It works OK after I purge the cache, but why do I need to do this??? It takes time out of my precious work hours.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 22, 2013 4:00 AM   in reply to hanshaugli

It works OK after I purge the cache, but why do I need to do this???

Usually once should be sufficient to solve a cache problem and this indicates to a problem with either your set up or a false install of Bridge.

Can you provide more details about your computer, OS system, amount of RAM , exact software version and frees space left on you HD?

Do you have a default install or did you alter the location for your cache file yourself.

What files are you using?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2013 7:57 AM   in reply to hanshaugli

So then I assume you have followed this advice from a previous post?

Quit Bridge, from user library (NOT system and root library) preferences folder find and delete the Bridge5.plist file manual. Do this also in same user library caches folder (Caches/Adobe/Bridge CS6) and inhere find and the folder called 'cache' and drag it to the trash.

restart Bridge holding down option key and choose reset preferences, then try again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 22, 2013 8:39 AM   in reply to hanshaugli

Bridge 5.0.0.399 default installation

Before trying the reset option it might be wise to first run the adobe updater, you have the basic first version and there have already been 2 updates, current is Bridge 5.0.2.4

BTW

While this is not a very busy forum with lots of spectators it still is not the best idea to provide all address and phone details...

And it might be cold up there but it is a very lovely city you live in, I visited it a few times and especially enjoyed the Vigeland Park

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 23, 2013 12:56 AM   in reply to hanshaugli

Thing is: I'm on Creative Cloud and the Adobe Application Manager says all my apps are up to date ... The UPDATE option in the HELP menu inside the applications are greyed out. How the H do I update the software? Beats me ...

That is strange because I'm also on Adobe Cloud and do get warnings for automatically.

The AAM has worked for me the past few years but not everyone seems to have this same good experience as I have learned in the past on this forum.

However, almost every cloud application offer the possibility for checking on updates itself under the menu Help / updates.

Are you sure you are logged in with your Adobe ID?

And yes, responding by mail is also my loved workflow but you have to be a bit careful with your signatures

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points