Skip navigation
Mr. Masterblaster
Currently Being Moderated

FLV playback component, progressive download, player crash

Jan 22, 2013 4:44 AM

I have an app that displays an flv file which is progressively downloaded from the server. The first time the file is downloaded, everything runs smoothly. If I try to download the file a second time, the player does not display the file and eventually crashes. If I clear the browser cache, the file will download correctly again and play, but, alas, the second time the same error occurs. The app is an interface that we use for delivering e-learning courses that are SCORM compatible and we are delivering the content through Moodle. We have not changed the app and the problem is occuring even on the same installation of Moodle. This interface has been in use for over two years without any problems until quite recently when a student complained about the videos. We also debugged the app by running the swf file locally. When run locally, this problem does not occur. This leads me to believe that there is some conflict between the browser cache and the flv playback componente

[ moved from AS3 forum to General forum ]

Replies
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 22, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to Mr. Masterblaster

append a random variable to the flv name to prevent caching.

you're video is probably starts downloading the first time and doesn't complete when you click on something and then when you return you try and download again.  you would probably be ok if you allowed the first download to complete, in addition, to clearing your cache before the re-download attempt.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,328 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 23, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to Mr. Masterblaster

remove the source or contentPath from the component parameters or property panel and use actionscript to assign the source or contentPath.

to report bugs:  https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points