Skip navigation
Sharvesh905535
Currently Being Moderated

Hindi Translation in Illustrator

Jan 22, 2013 9:24 AM

I want to translate some English words into Hindi in Illustrator. But almost everytime I do so, the spelling changes to an incorrect one in Hindi. I would like to know how to avoid this. I use google translate first to translater the word, then copy and past the word into Illustrator. I then change the font to Devanagiri Sangam MN so the Hindi characters are displayed instead of the ascii code when pasted. Is there anyway I can get this problem solved?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2013 3:54 AM   in reply to Sharvesh905535

You could do this with a tool called Sysfilter for Illustrtator. Using Sysfilter you can extract the texts and translate with MS Word for example. And also change the fonts... HTH

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 4:15 AM   in reply to Sharvesh905535

Sharvesh,

There may be conversion errors (and even translation inaccuracies/errors) in the different applications you are relying on, so it may be necessary to check everything in any case and expect the need for some corrections.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to Sharvesh905535

I had a similar case with a book cover done in PS. The Hindi was garbled and with spelling errors according to the translator.The solution was to enter the text in Indesign that has a World-Ready Paragraph Composer that takes care of these problems. I don't see this feature in Illustrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Sharvesh905535

Which version?

CC supports some Indic languages.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 8:36 AM   in reply to Sharvesh905535

which version of Ai are you using? if you are using Illustrator CC you should read this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/indic-support.html

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to ADBEDesigner

Well, it's good to know that CC now has that feature. I guess is the equivalent to the World-Ready Paragraph Composer in ID? By the way I'm still on CS6.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points