Skip navigation
tncannon
Currently Being Moderated

Why Photoshop will not give you the opportunity to download for either Windows platform or Mac.

Jan 22, 2013 10:13 AM

• Hello, My husband spent all day waiting to talk to someone at Photoshop, to speak with them, while he is mostly bed bound now, on a feeding tube in his stomache, and is awaiting a surgury to keep him alive. He will be even more bed ridden afterwards. As always, and the complex health issues, he also could pass.
  • He was crying by the time he tried to explain his story of need.
  • You see, he has been using Phtoshop for many years, heavily invested, for his photo's and work. His Power Mac G5 crashed, we could not afford another, and he had just purchased CS5. So we could only afford the IMac now, we again needed to upgrade to CS6. The install alows you to use it on two computers, a  computer and laptop.
  • We tried explaining to the sales people when he finally got through, that we need an install for just a Windows laptop, we can not afford another Mac, we need a laptop for him in bed, if he will be able to do anything, he wants to work on his art.
  • They, Photoshop, were very unsimpethtic, we just purchased an upgrade for CS6, because of the IMac, yet, now we can not install and use our second choice on a Windows platform. Again, we would need to pay full upgrade price again. Yet, he only has it installed on Imac, they told him he would have to de-actiate it, WHICH, I ALSO HELP HIM IN HIS WORK, WE KEEP COPIES ON A EXFAT32 harddrive too, and Mac, to share and show clients.
  • The people of Photoshop did not even care he is dying, litterly, slowly,,, but he is keeping positive that all will be well, and survive.
  • Timothy and Marcia Cannon
  • we will no longer be a coustomer for Adobe.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to tncannon

You can order a platform swap, if you are already on CS6:

Order an Adobe product platform swap or language swap

It's free. Otherwise you would have to get the upgrade from CS5.5.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,456 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 22, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to tncannon

I'm sure the Adobe folks told you that the Creative Cloud subscription would allow you to use Photoshop on both platforms.

It's a specific selling-point of the Creative Cloud subscription - that's why they're blocking.

I feel for you in your situation, but hoping for a big company to have a heart is probably setting yourself up for disappointment.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,456 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 22, 2013 2:51 PM   in reply to tncannon

OnOne Software is a small (and decent) organization.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 3:27 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

And theres always Gimp 2.8... Did I mention it is free? Oh, well it's free.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 3:57 PM   in reply to Seth Urquhart

Be aware the "two installs" has a provision which states for ONE USER. Two installs for two differnt users is in violation of the EULA.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points