Skip navigation
luv2bike2nv
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 slow in opening up a file

Jan 22, 2013 9:37 AM

The user who is using InDesign is working on Windows 7 (with all updates). InDesign was just installed on a new computer. When she opens up a file it takes quite a while to open it up.  She was opening it up from the network, so we decided to copy the file to her desktop and tried to open it up however it is still slow. She does not have anything opened up when she tries to use InDesign CS6.  Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Robin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2013 9:59 AM   in reply to luv2bike2nv

Define slow.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 10:32 AM   in reply to luv2bike2nv

ID CS6 takes about 30 seconds to a minute to load on my Win7 machine with a 3.3gHz 6-core processor and SATA 6gb/sec hard drives, but once open documents load versy fast. Your results may be different depending on your hardware.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 10:57 AM   in reply to luv2bike2nv

You still haven't really told us what "slow" is. Are we talking about the time to open ID, or the time to open a file after ID is running? And how long?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to luv2bike2nv

The time to launch the program seems normal, but opening a file should usually be faster. Network connection problems could be a contributor, as could searching for missing links or updating cross-references, I suspect.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2013 3:38 PM   in reply to luv2bike2nv

That system would fall into a category I would term "adequate" but not super speedy.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points