Skip navigation
CartaMac
Currently Being Moderated

Mismatch Warning Box ( I NEED YOU)

Jan 22, 2013 2:32 PM

Tags: #quicktime #warp_stabilizer #private_folder #mismatch_warning_box

The pop up box that appears when a clip placed on the timeline doesn't match the sequence settings no longer appears on my computer due to personal error. Now I am trying to use the warp stabilizer and can't because I am getting a red line across my footage saying that warp stabilizer requires clip dimentions to match sequence. I believe that my problem could be solved if I could just get that pop up window to appear again.

Notes:

1) I have held the option key while starting Premiere Pro.

2) I am also using a mac and when I put a sd card into the drive the folder containing the videos is a quicktime folder labeled private. I have to hold option and click show package contents until I get to the raw MTS files which I import.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2013 2:48 PM   in reply to CartaMac

The box only pops up when you drop a clip in an empty timeline.

Just drag one of the clip into the New Item icon at the bottom of the Project Window.

This will give you a timline that matches your footage.

Delete clip, copy all content from old sequence into this new sequence.

Now you will be able to use the Warp effect.

Providing all your clips are of the same dimensions.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 12:45 AM   in reply to Ann Bens

Wrong. If you uncheck the "Always Ask" in the Clip Mismatch Warning dialog box you will make it disappear forever.

In 5.0 and 5.5 there in no rsetting to reset the Clip Mismatch Warning dialog box.

In CS 6 there is.

I have looked into all preferences ( as much as I could ) and trash quite a few and it never reset.

Any ideas anyone?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 12:46 AM   in reply to CartaMac

Good Luck .. Im looking for it too in PP 5.0.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 5:59 AM   in reply to Autoworldmobilia

Try launching Pr from a shortcut while holding down the Shift+Alt keys (Shift+Opt on a Mac).  Keep holding them down until the Welcome screen appears.  That resets the plug-in cache and all preferences.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 10:32 AM   in reply to CartaMac

A separate point here from your post - you should not just copy over the raw mts files, but copy the entire folder structure from your SD card to your computer, then import the video files to Premiere using the media browser.

Copying just the bare files loses all the metadata, and can lead to problems of various kinds.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to Autoworldmobilia

Autoworldmobilia wrote:

In 5.0 and 5.5 there in no rsetting to reset the Clip Mismatch Warning dialog box.

In CS 6 there is.

As an aside, the Clip Mismatch Warning dialog box is a CS6 feature, it did not exist in CS5 or CS5.5.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 7:01 PM   in reply to Autoworldmobilia

I was just looking around in Adobe Premiere Pro's settings, and I finally found it.  Under General, there is a checkbox at the bottom that says "Show match sequence settings to clip dialog".  Make sure that is checked and you're good to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to lobenmaishen

I am using CS6, and this box is checked in General preferences, but still not getting the dialogue box coming up when I add the 1st clip....

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 5:40 PM   in reply to patrickjmcaneeley

You must drag your media into the Timeline, doing a Insert or Overwrite will not currently trigger the Clip Mismatch dialog.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points